To UA high, I go...

(quick sketches of her fighting)

On the day of the entrance exams

Wearing a pair of baggy cargo pants, a casual shirt, and a light jacket. Draping a waist bag across my shoulder, I carry a collection of essential weapons and a folded piece of paper that holds all my notebooks. It would look irregular if I took a weapon out of a random notebook, after all. The largest and most visible difference between quirks and abilities is that quirks are based on DNA, while abilities are more soul related.

Putting my sneakers on, I turn around to wave Tanizaki San goodbye. He was in the corner of the room, mumbling while holding a piece of paper. He was also going to infiltrate the League of Villains today. So we weren't going to see each other until a long time. I could tell today was going to be an exhausting day for both of us, with and without my amazing instincts.

"Tanizaki san Ittekimasu!" I wave my hand in front of his face, and he jolts back, finally recognising me after a long wait. "Ah, sorry. Good luck with the test, by the way." Shaking off his anxious face, he wishes me well with a comforting smile. Checking all of my things for one last time, I step out of the door, pausing momentarily to observe him concentrating once again on his notes. "Remember not to push yourself too hard!" I express a hint of concern before shutting the door and launching out on my own journey.

While I walked through the large open doors of UA High, I was surprised that they had absolutely zero security precautions. Just because we were all children, they were looking down on us. Completely ignoring the possibility that one of us could be their so called 'villain'. How naive. Looking more closely at their security, I could tell they thought the large barriers that protected UA were enough. At the moment, I could easily name at least five people who could break the walls into bits without breaking a sweat.

Unsatisfied, I figured I should make it at least seem like I was trying. Going into the entrance examination room. I sat at a table far away from most people. I wanted as few people as possible to remember me in case I had to leave midway. In the meantime, I decided to memorise some faces; you never know, they could someday be useful.

Looking further back, I see a familiar face: Ochako. I really hope she gets in; she deserves it. It seemed to me that she had been working really hard anyway. Unlike me, she is a good person, somebody who fits in this world. Someone who has the potential to save millions of people and be called a hero.

In the back of my mind, I was quietly thinking that it was unfair for me to be taking this exam. I wasn't aiming to become a hero, and I wouldn't even if I could. I had a long criminal history, and my hands were already stained in blood. If anything, it would've been better for this world if my position was taken by somebody here who would fail because of me.

I quickly skimmed the questions on the papers as they were being distributed and circled the ones I intended to answer both incorrectly and correctly. I had to be careful going forward to blend in rather than stand out.