Chapter 15

Episode 5: You and Me (part 3)
Arin paced back and forth in her room, biting her nails.

The first elimination announcement finished yesterday and the boys who got eliminated already made their way out of the dorms.

Her heart couldn't stop beating rapidly as she wonders who survived. Although she wants to be fair amongst the trainees... she can't help but root for others a tiny bit more.

Knock. Knock.

She power walked towards the door, opening it and her body froze.

The person standing in front of her, was someone she wanted to survive but she didn't know he would show up. Especially the day right after the elimination.

"Hanbin... what are you doing here?"

"Am I not allowed to be here?"

Arin released the door handle and shook both her hands towards him.

"No, no! I just didn't expect you to be here..."

Hanbin placed his hands in his pockets, slightly rocking his body back and forth. He pursed his lip as he looked around the hall way.

Arin leaned her head out, following his gaze.

Feeling a stare from the top of her head, she slowly looked up, smiling shyly to the boy who smirked.

Her heart skipped a beat.

"I just wanted to let you know. I made it"

Before she could open her mouth he patted Arin's head twice as he walked away.

As if there was a magnetic force, her hand immediately went to the spot her patted as she slowly stood up.

Did I just get flustered by him?

+         +         +

Arin could still feel the warmth from Hanbin's hand as she remembered how he smiled softly towards her.

"Arin... Arin!"

She flinched as her eyes widened.

"Sorry... what was the question?"

Her manager sighed. "What's on your mind? You've been out of it since lunch"

Arin just let out a nervous chuckle.

"I'll ask one more time then. You didn't make it obvious that you knew Jiwoong right?"

She rolled her eyes internally, "yes, I didn't make it obvious"

He placed both of his elbows on his knees, clasping his hands together as it faced the ground.

"Then why did you hold his hand at the cafeteria?"

"Hold his hand in the cafeteria?"

Her manager ran his fingers through his hair, "Do you realise how much begging I needed to do for the staff to get rid of that footage"

"I thought there wasn't any camera-"

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT!"

Arin flinched from the yell. Her manager rarely yelled at her, and when he did she just knew she fucked up.

"How many times do I have to tell you to control your behaviour while you're a mentor at Boys Planet?!

It's not the fact that you're close with the trainees, it's the way you act around them."

She looked towards the ground, "Sorry..."

"You are a mentor. Nothing more. Remember that"