Chapter 19

Chapter 7: Together is Better (part 1)
Zhanghao was sitting on the couch at the lounge, staring at the paper in front of him.

The 'TomBoy' team consisted of Gunwook, Hoetaek, Hanbin and Zhanghao. A group filled with aces.

Zhanghao would scan the room to see Gunwook confidently rapping the lyrics he wrote, Hoetaek reaching the high notes effortlessly and Hanbin executing his part perfectly.

He then looked at himself in the mirror to see his presence being smaller than the rest.

He felt so irrelevant and not useful for the team.

"Zhanghao hyung!"

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked up to see Yujin and Gyuvin walking up to him.

Zhanghao forced a realistic smile as he straightened his posture, "Hey guys~"

Yujin smiled as he pulled Gyuvin beside him, "Gyuvin hyung and I were going to eat something small in the cafeteria. Do you want to join?"

Zhanghao shook his head. "No thanks"

They both nodded and waved good bye, as they continued making their way to the cafeteria.

Zhanghao let out a deep breath, trying to get rid of the stress he was currently feeling.

+           +          +

Arin opened the fridge door, revealing multiple drinks. Her eyes busily scanned the cans, trying to find her favourite drink.

Just as she was going to reach for the can of Sprite, her ears perked up as she heard two trainees voices.

"Don't you think Zhanghao hyung was acting a bit strange?"

Yujin nodded as he grabbed a tray, "He seems stressed about something. Hopefully he's not being hard on himself"

Zhanghao was acting strange?

Arin slammed the fridge door shut, causing the two trainees to flinch.

Gyuvin eyes widened as he saw the girl next to him, "Arin masternim! When did you get here?"

She lightly shook the can in her hand, "Just came to get a drink. Say can you tell me where you saw Zhanghao? I need to discuss something with him"

"Yeah.. he's just sitting in the lounge"

"Perfect, thanks" 

Yujin and Gyuvin looked at each other as Arin walked past them in a flash.

+           +          +

Arin looked around the lounge, trying to find the boy. Just where is he?

She stopped in her tracks as she saw Zhanghao and Hanbin sitting next to each other.

She quickly hid behind a wall, not wanting to get caught.

"Hyung, you don't need to feel that way", Hanbin placed his hand on Zhanghao's thigh, "You're more than enough for the team"

Zhanghao pouted, tearing up slightly. He wrapped his arm around Hanbin who smiled softly, patting Zhanghao's back.

"If you need help with anything, you know you can ask me. I'm here for a reason"

Arin looked down and smiled softly. I'm glad Zhanghao has someone he can rely on...

+           +          +

Pulling the table towards her Arin looked at the notebook in front of her.

Each page on the book were filled with the pros and cons about each trainee in Boys Planet. 

Flipping each page she scanned through her notes, seeing if she needed to take into consideration for anything.

She liked to do this the day before she evaluated a group. That way she can be in track of what each trainee had to improve on.

Her hands stopped as she reached the page that read 'Sung Hanbin'.

Arin couldn't help but recall the way he comforted Zhanghao. And this wasn't the only time she saw him consulting someone.

Throughout the month, she would see him encouraging multiple trainees and helping them if they were struggling with a certain move or not knowing how to pronounce something.

She smiled softly as she lifted up her pen, writing down 'He has qualities to become an excellent leader. He is someone that people can rely on'

+        +        +

Hanbin ruffled his hair, frustrated by himself. He was in charge of the killing part for his song 'TomBoy' and he wanted everything to be perfect.

But the more he practiced his parts, the more dissatisfactory he felt with his skills.

For him, his tone was off. His expression was unnatural. His dance wasn't the best.

Everything was just going downhill for him.

You're letting everyone down. You don't deserve your spot. You're a disappointment.

His head pounded vigorously as his heart was beating up his chest.

He faced the ceiling, letting out a long breath, trying to calm himself down.

"It's okay... I just need to practice"

But will that be enough?