Chapter 16

Episode 6: Take my Hand (part 1)
(s)Hanbin shut the door behind him as he held snacks in his hand.

He just visited Gyuvin because he was craving something sweet.

The anxiety he felt while waiting for his name to get called got his glucose level to drop.

As he plopped a pocky stick in his mouth he noticed a familiar figure from a far, talking with one of the trainees.

He walked up to them with a smile. "Hi Zhanghao hyung. Hi Arin masternim"

They both looked at him in shock. He tilted his head as they quickly changed their expression with a smile.

"Hey Hanbin. Got that snack from Gyuvin?"

Hanbin nodded towards Zhanghao as he lended out his opened packet.

"Do you guys want one?". They both shook their heads as he shrugged, taking another bite of the pocky.

"What were you guys talking about?"

"Oh, I was just checking up on Zhanghao. Glad you're doing okay, I should get going now. Good luck with your next mission!"

Before Hanbin could even comprehend her motor-speed speech, Arin walked away without taking a single look back.

Hanbin bit his lip while furrowing his eyebrows. Suspicious of Arin suddenly leaving as soon as he arrived.

Did I make her feel uncomfortable?

+        +        +

Arin sighed as she placed her hands on the top of her head, burying her face in her arms while sliding down against the wall.

"You are a mentor. Nothing more. Remember that."

Her managers word pounded inside her head repeatedly.

The pure purpose of her role was to lead the trainees to the right direction. 

But just now... the butterflies wouldn't stop swimming in her stomach. 

Zhanghao leaned against his door frame as he listened to Arin.

"You know, I rewatched your performance for kill this love and your vocals were AMAZING!

You improved so much compared to the star level test"

He smirked, flipping his hair, "What can I say? I'm a genius when it comes to music"

Arin wiggled her eyebrows, "Then I'm guessing I can have high expectations for the next mission?"

Zhanghao puffed up his chest, "Of course you can"

"Hi Zhanghao hyung. Hi Arin masternim"

Arin looked up towards the voice and her mind went blank.

The boy standing in front of her had light shining behind him.

His brown hair complimented his pale skin, and the way his deer-like eyes just innocently made eye contact with hers...

Her heart just felt like it was about to explode.

Arin ruffled her hair aggressively while groaning.

She slammed the back of her head against the wall while staring at the light from the ceiling.

His presence just made her flustered. It was as if yesterday's incident of him visiting her room unlocked a safe that contained interest for him.

Not as a trainee... but as a guy.

The fact that she was feeling this way towards a trainee. She just started feeling guilt and disgusted by herself.

"I need to snap out of it. I'm being so unprofessional right now. I'm just a mentor. Nothing else!"

I'm just a mentor... nothing else...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not updating frequently, I didn't realise how much assignments I needed to complete this month.

Anyway! I just wanted to leave a note to say that I'm going to mix a couple scenes from episode 6 and 7 together so the timeline makes more sense for this book.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter >3<

Let me know if you have any feedback with how this book is going so far.

Honestly I'm just going with whatever my brain tells me to write, so hopefully it's not all over the place.

Thank you guys so much for reading my book! Much love <3 muah!