Chapter 22

Episode 8: As much as we dreamed (part 1)
Arin pushed her cup against the water dispenser and stared at the liquid entering her cup.

After she could see the water reach an invisible line she set in her mind she pulled it out.

Turning her body to the side she placed the cup on her lips.

From afar, she could see Zhanghao and Hanbin walking towards her, laughing at each other with linked arms.

She swiftly moved her face, covering the right side of her face with her hand.

Ahh.. I can't look at them in the face after the performances..

As she was about to tiptoe her way out of the lounge she heard her name being called.

"Arin!"

Scrunching her face she puts a smile and turned around.

"Hao~ Hanbin~"

Zhanghao smiled back, "What were you doing here?"

"Just came here to get myself a cup of water..."

She glanced towards Hanbin to notice his cute smile. Clearing her throat she fixed her posture while fixating her gaze on Zhanghao.

"I heard that you guys got to listen to the songs made for you all. Was there a song you liked?"

Zhanghao tilted his head, "Did you hear the songs yet?"

"Mhm~ I already envisioned what members I want in each song", she looked up with sparkles in her eyes, clasping her hands together, "Only if I was a star creator"

Zhanghao looked at Hanbin and pointed to both of them, "What song do you think would suit us?"

"I think you would be perfect for Over me and for ...", she gulped as soon as she made eye contact with Hanbin.

Zhanghao smirked and leaned his face close to her, "Oh~ You think I suit the sexy concept"

Getting flustered she stuttered, "No! Not at all!" which made Zhanghao smirk harder.

She flicked his forehead, "Get your face out of my face"

Zhanghao pouted, rubbing his forehead. "I was just teasing.."

"Yeah, whatever. I'm going back to my room"

She was about to walk past them but stopped in her tracks as she felt a hand on her wrist.

Hanbin pulled her slightly towards him, turning her around, "What about me? What song do you think would suit me?"

"Oh uhm... I...", Arin thought she was going to go crazy as she found herself lost in his eyes. It was dark brown and his pupils were black, almost resembling a boba ball. His eyes really resembled a deer.

She cleared her throat while averting her gaze towards the ground, "I think Say my Name would suit you"

"Why?"

"Because... youshinedsobrightinhereiamsoithinkbrightconceptssuityourvocalssowell ok bye!"

Arin pushed his hand away and power walked out of the lounge room.

Zhanghao clapped in amazement. "No wonder she's an all rounder master". He looked at Hanbin while pointing to the direction she left, "Did you just hear her rap that sentence?"

+         +         +

His ears were bright red.

Hanbin gripped his hair as he buried his face in his arms. I can't believe I did that..

Regret was spreading all over his body as the scene of him grabbing her wrist repeated in his mind 100 times.

He kicked his blanket aggressively, earning the attention of everyone in the room.

"Hanbin... you okay?"

He looked around, clearing his throat as he fixed the bed. "Y-yeah, just thought I saw a fly..."