Chapter 20

Episode 7: Together is Better (part 2)
Pressing the start button multiple times, Arin groaned. 

She pulled out the phone from her pocket and dialled her managers number. 

It was late at night and Arin had some dirty laundry. She thought it would be the perfect time to wash them but the laundry machine didn't seem to want her to fulfil that duty today.

Her fingers tapping on her elbow she bit the bottom of her lip.

What's taking him so long?

"Hello?"

Finally!

"Hey, managernim. The laundry machine isn't working in my area. Do you know any other places I can wash my clothes?"

"Just give me one moment"

She could hear him rummaging through something on the other line. Arin slowly took out the clothes from the machine to the basket, waiting for her managers response.

After she placed all the clothes in the basket, she heard her manager clear his throat.

"It seems like your side of the laundry machine are all down at the moment. The staff said that you can use the laundry room at the trainee's dorm because they're all out right now, shooting something"

"Alright thanks"

Arin hung up the phone, picking up her basket and made her way to the laundry room.

+             +            +

She pushed the door from the laundry machine and placed a sticky note in front of it that read: "Arin's clothes. The laundry machine broke in my side of the room so I'm just using this for the time being".

Closing the door behind her Arin massaged the right side of her shoulder.

Did I pull something? 

+            +             +

Hanbin was sitting on the stairs, spacing out while holding a water bottle.

"The best trainee in the group was Sung Hanbin"

"Sung Hanbin was the best trainee. As expected from the K group centre"

He sighed, running his hand through his hair. Although he was grateful for everyone having high expectations of him, he couldn't help but feel pressure pushing down on his shoulders.

Looking around he noticed the trainees walking back and forth.

Pushing himself up, he let out a shaky breath while making his way to the laundry room.

"Hey Hanbin hyung! Where are you going?"

He smiled towards the trainee, answering them "I'm just going to wash my jacket"

The trainee nodded and continued making their way.

Pushing open the door he felt his energy immediately release. Leaning against the wall, he slid down against it while looking at the ceiling.

The expectations that everyone had on him just felt like more arrows getting shot in his back.

He recalled that Arin said to be grateful for the high expectations he receives...

But he just felt as though those expectations made him more dissatisfied with his skills.

Nothing was working out of him.

Tears started welling up on his eyes and he sniffled. "I'm the worst.."

From the corner of his eye he saw light coming in from the door. He quickly wiped his tears and pushed himself back up.

"Hanbin? Are you okay?"

His eyes widened as he saw the one person he didn't want to see in this state.

"Arin masternim... what are you doing here?"

She pointed behind him, towards the laundry machine "I was just getting my clothes..." 

"Oh, did your laundry machine break?"

Arin nodded as she opened the machine, placing the clothes back inside her basket.

Hanbin felt the tears coming back and he faced his back to Arin while letting out a small sniffle.

Arin heard it but she just pursed her lips. I can't do anything other than mentoring them...

I can't have a personal relationship with him..

Taking the basket she made her way towards the door. Then she heard another sniffle coming from Hanbin's direction.

Fuck it. He's crying for goodness sake.

Dropping the basket she went towards him, turning him around and caressing his face.

Hanbin's eyes widened as he felt her fingers delicately wiping the tears falling down from his face.

Her lips pouted a bit as her eyebrows clashed together. Seeing him in this state broke her heart.

"Why are you letting your precious tears out? Is everything okay?"

When he heard those words, it felt like a trigger has been pulled.

He wrapped his arms around Arin's waist, pulling her body towards his. She let out a small yelp as she felt her head land on his chest.

She could feel her heart trying to leap out of her chest.

"H-Hanbin?"

She gulped as she felt his breath against her neck. "Please... just let me be like this for a minute..."

Pulling her hand down she hesitantly hugged him back, slowly patting his back.

This is okay.... I'm just comforting a trainee who's struggling internally...

Everything is fine...

-        -        -         -         -

A/N: Hey guys!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter~

I just wanted to make an announcement that I uploaded a new book today called 'XO, ZB1'! It's a book that's heavily inspired by the new Netflix show XO, Kitty.

The book is going to be focused on both Ricky and Zhanghao so if they are your biases, you know what to do~

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Much love <3 muah