what are you up to Pei?2

We continued on. I heard some officials gossiping. I shot them a sharp, cold glare. They shut up just as fast as they started. I turned back, and we continued.

"Your highness, the crown prince!"A male voice sounded. I would assume that this was another official call for someone else, but I know this voice.

"Xuen Huan?" I asked as I turned. and there stood the porridge-skinned, raven-haired, bright Jade green-eyed boy I met fifty years ago.

 and there stood the porridge-skinned, raven-haired, bright Jade green-eyed boy I met fifty years ago

He stood tall, his hair tidal back in a high ponytail with his short hair. his bangs framing his face. the scar below his right eye from his first fight by my side. A dot below his other eye still remained. His armour was the same simple set he always chose. His sword hung against his leg from his belt. He's barely changed since he ascended.

"General Xie!" he cheered with a bright smile. "Ling Wen sent me to take you to the martial hall. I can escort you there so there are no further delays."

"It'll give us time to catch up." I smiled. Kiyoshi remained quiet, as did Kohana. brother also joined the conversation. "So, have you talked to Snake since before the Banyu Pass adventure?"

"Not much; she's been occupied, so she hasn't been very talkative, even though she would contact me every hour just to see if I missed her yet."

"It sounds like a strong friendship." Flower Sword commented.

"ah? oh, no. Snake's my romance partner. forty years, and it's only getting started." Xuen Huan explained.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had been walking across the heaven realm for some time before finding the white jade martial hall lined and decorated with gold across the walls and rooftops. Dragons and beautiful sculpting could be seen everywhere. I left Kiyoshi with Kohana and Xuan Huan since I don't really trust many of the officials up here.

"Xianle," an all-too-familiar deep voice boomed. Kohana looked over with a thick wave of disdain and hatred. She must have had a bad meeting with him before this at some point. "xiamei. you're here."

I gave a half-sincere bow, while my brother gave one the opposite of mine.

"I'm sure you both also know why I called you here today." Jun Wu stood up from his throne. I could hear Kohana give a slight growl from behind. I didn't really care since I lost faith in the heavenly system a long time ago.

"yes." Brother said with his head tilted down. He and I stood and bowed.

"Though it is a slight surprise since Pei Xue's matter should have already been dealt with accordingly," I said with slight agitation. though I assumed it would have been obvious why I was so agitated to be back in heaven. Jun Wu's expression told me he didn't get the message.

"I'm afraid it's hard to determine this matter." A man's voice sounded. turning my head after standing straight from the bow. Walking our way was Pei Ming. known for being handsome beyond other men and having a smile that could steal any heart. He is handsome; I'll give him that. but he is not as lovely as my A-yoong. "Your highness' crown prince and princess, it's an honour to finally meet you."

"If only I could say the same." I gave a low response. He gave us a smirk before continuing past us.

"Our family's little Pei has been in your care." He looked ahead. ugh. It doesn't matter who he is; he's a spoiled player who only cares about status. "heavenly emperor."

I turned to my brother and gave his hand a squeeze. He looked at me with a smile, and we exchanged this smile when the other needed it.

"A few days ago, I visited little Pei," he explained to the emperor. "He mentioned some things that I found strange."

"I'm most familiar with Little Pei's ability." He continued to explain as he walked towards us. My brother tucked his hands in his sleeves while I slipped my hand on my hip. "Although the strength of his clone is weakened, it can still tie in battle with a "wrath"-ranked ghost."

"But he told me that there was a person at the scene." My hand slipped down to my side. Pei walked past us again. I glared at him. My eyes grew dark in the sclera. It does need enough mana to cause a burning sensation around my neck and on my arms. I heard footsteps behind us. I don't need to look back to see Pei Xue walking forward with restraints on. "This person was strong enough to cover him in bruises and give him no time to react. A second person was also there, doing the same thing. Isn't that strange?"

"So I kept asking," he continued while his brother glanced at him. I felt the burning get worse, so I reduced my mana use to a minimum. in an attempt to keep myself from bleeding again. "And it turns out that there was a red-clothed young man with you, along with a fire creature with flames, horns, and a magenta shade whip."

"And the young man slaughtered hundreds of Banyue soldiers alongside her highness that were about to turn into wrath-ranked ghosts in an instant while being pitch black in the pit!"

He stopped so everyone could begin to gossip and make comments. I drowned them out. A low growl rumbled in my chest. My brother heard it but kept his gaze away as Pei stood beside us. After half a second, he turned on his heel and stood in front of us. He could clearly see that my eyes were dark instead of white.

"So, I would like to ask both of the twin heirs of Xianle." He held one arm behind his back and held out the other while he spoke. "These two, the young man in red and the young lady in flames, which god are they?"