broken trust.26

A statue of the flower crown prince kneeling for forgiveness. I clenched my fists. I can't be found out yet. not until I ask Qi Rong what I have been itching to know for years. The ghost underlings were hushing the frightened humans. I looked around. A-song had her eyes closed with her brows furrowed. Suki had an off-face when she looked at Qi Rong. I looked at my brother, and he was looking at Honger. Honger had a dark expression as he looked at Qi Rong. I know he despises Qi Rong, and one of the two reasons is because of how he disrespects my older brother. The second he is down, I will get my answer from him. whether he likes it or not!

"Dad!" a little boy's voice cut through the air. I looked ahead, and there was a ghost tearing a little boy in green away from his father! I took hold of A-song's hand and traced a word into her hand. "help". A-Song gave my hand a squeeze. I looked at her hand. A symbol was tattooed on her palm.  fifty-six was tattooed on. That's A-Song's age.  I heard something snap. I looked over, and Honger was freed from the ropes and was walking towards Qi Rong. He was about to speak when something completely broke through the ceiling!

"Qi! Rong!" A woman's voice shrieked. I felt a surge in my body. I looked at my brother, and dark chains left his neck and ankle. They were his cursed shackles! His cursed shackles were being peeled away like loose fabric! The person who just crashed in is capable of removing a god's cursed shackles. But that should not be possible unless you're the emperor or empress of heaven. "What in the ever-living fuck are you doing, idiot?"

I looked at the person who was capable of doing something this extraordinary, and my eyes went wide. This was a woman, about my height. Her raven hair was set in place like she did before she and Qi Rong became ghosts. Her pale skin was almost human compared to that of her brother. She had a similar face to mine, except she had a tattoo covering her face in the design of cursed shackles. Her eyes were the same bright green eyes that Qi Rong has. Her robes were a nicer shade of green and well kept. She didn't have shoes on. She was about twenty or so years old, looking at her appearance. She had a growl set on her lips with sharp, pointed fangs.

"Qi Ying?!" I asked in a panic. Since when was she even a ghost? So Qi Rong broke that promise, then? I felt my eyes lock in a confused and shocked face, and my pupils dilated. She looked at me, and she widened her eyes when she saw me.

"... cousin... crown princess... cousin... crown prince..?" she asked while her arm was stretched out towards her older brother. "What... what are you two doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." The humans and ghosts were running away around us. Honger wasn't expecting her to show up, and neither was I, honestly. I looked at Qi Rong, and he was held up against the wall with brothers shackles. by the throat. He was pale, and his fangs were barely visible. Honger returned to his real form. The moment Qi Ying saw Honger, she began to shake and back away.

"Chengzu..." she began to look between Honger and me. I looked back at Suki and A-song; she and Suki both went back to their true selves. I looked at my brother, then checked myself. We were back to our actual forms. I looked to Qi Rong, and too say I will be irritated with him is an understatement. If he says what I think he's going to say, I will hurt him. I walked around the group and reached Qi Rong.

"Ying Ying, could you be so kind?" I asked as I walked up the steps. The chains rattled before releasing Qi Rong. He landed with a thud on the ground. I kneeled before Qi Rong and prepared to interrogate him when his mask shattered. "Qi Rong."

He looked up with annoyance painted across his face. The moment he made eye contact with me, he cowered into the ground with fear, replacing his previous expression.

"Cousin crown, princess," he cowardly stuttered as I watched him.

"Did you break your promise?" i asked. I felt the surge of power fade away. brothers cursed shackles were placed back on. Qi Rong didn't say anything.  He just sat there, shaking. "Qi Rong!"

I punched the wall behind him. He flinched to the point where the ground beneath him was dug up.

"So you did break your promise." I said as I felt anger build up in my heart and darked the sclera of my eyes. He began to shake even harder. He's always been afraid of my anger. even after Xianle fell. "Why? Mother and I both had asked you to promise us you would look after Qi Ying!"

"And you turned your back on her, knowing damn well I would come find you and see if you became the jackass Snake told us about!" I felt movement behind me. Suki must be looking for a snake. "How did I ever trust you?!"

I felt the room stop. Qi Rong stopped shaking. He looked up at my eyes. I felt my eyes water. I stood up and turned away from him. I walked away and helped Suki search for a snake. I took Qian Qiu off Suki's waist and set him on the bottom step. I went back to searching for Snake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suki went to stand with Qian Qiu while Qi Rong was talking. He was quiet. good, he is reminded of his place.  A-song was also searching for Snake with me. I found a thin sheet of cobblestone.  I walked over and moved the sheet. There was a snake in a cage.

"Hey kid," I greeted her. She looked up. her greenish-yellow eyes with dark, thick slits adjusted to look my way. a scar reaching from her right jaw corner to just below her lip. Her long, brunet hair pooled on the ground as she sat on her knees. She had a dusted pink dress with a black undershirt, a dark belt, and a rounded bottom half. Around her arms and torso was a black scarf. She had no shoes on but had a piece of string attached to her right ankle.