the boy!15

"We'll head to Paradise Manor now. I'm rather pleased today." Honger explained. I looked at my brother. He looked back, just as I did. Honger was tossing the bun in the air once before clutching it in his hand. He lifted the bun to his mouth as he opened his jaws. He took a bite of the bun while smiling at his brother. I looked at my brother, who blushed and turned away like a shy maiden in love. We left the den. and my heart feels like a war zone! Every so often, I adjust Kiyoshi in my arms to rub my chest. God, why does my heart hate me?

"Honestly, I did expect to be exposed." Qing Xuan spoke as we walked the streets. Kiyoshi hugged me as I held him up in my arms. "But I didn't think it would have happened so quickly."

"Qian Qiu, next time you decide to get involved, please think before you act." I said this as I looked at Qian Qiu, who was scratching the back of his neck. "And you're a martial god, so please don't be impulsive."

brother smiled dry and uneasy.

"This is the ghost realm." Kohana said with a stoic face. "If word spread about heavenly officials in Ghost City making a mess for entertainment, what would the emperor think? What would the worshippers think?"

"I'm sorry." He said it with his head down. "It's true that I acted recklessly just now. But in that situation, if I hadn't come forward, then nobody else would have. those gamblers are insane."

A shriek sounded from down an ally. I rushed off with Kiyoshi in my arms, and I acted out of panic. I recognize this shriek. The boy from Mount Yu Jun screamed like that after the Ying girl died. brother followed close behind me. We had to make a turn before encountering a large group of ghosts, demons, and ghouls that were surrounding a little person, laying on their side, covering their head. They had bandages over their faces and splotches of blood all over them. This was the teenage boy who has the human face disease scars. With a quick tap against the ground, I was launched through the air before I waved my hand. creating spikes of ice, knocking the creatures back and away from the little figure. I landed next to the little one with my hand over my sword. The group at first was angered and furious that someone stopped their attack until they saw my face.

"Snow general," one of them said in a deep, grave voice. So they are smart enough to recognize me by my glare? I don't need this today. My heart is in pain; I can't see A-yoong, and now someone who, at one point, was under my brother's protection was being beaten.

"Get out of my sight." I narrowed my eyes and bared my teeth. The demons, ghosts, and ghouls stood before running away. "Are you okay?"

I kneeled down beside the young man while the flower sword caught up. The boy lifted his face after I tilted his face upwards, only to widen his eyes in shock and fear. He screamed out loud, backing away. I took back my hand and looked at him with sorrow in my eyes. This isn't the first time I have encountered someone broken. and he won't be the last. I know how to handle this, but it's like my brother and I are the reason he's so afraid. Kiyoshi looked at the boy with a surprised expression. He backed away and scrambled to his feet. I stood up alongside my brother. We both ran after him. We passed by the three individuals who were originally travelling with us until we ran past them after the bandaged boy.

"We need to catch up with him!" I called out to them before my brother, and I passed them while Kiyoshi wrapped his arms tightly around my neck. We left them in the dust before anyone could react. We ended up in a very busy and crowded street in Ghost City with shops, street set-ups, and street performers. The both of us ended up knocking down some booths, and some ghosts were trying to catch up with the boy.

"Sorry!" I called out as my brother also began to apologize as we continued to rush through the streets. Eventually, I lost sight of the kid. I tried to look for him, but ghosts were in my face, yelling. I covered Kiyoshi's head as he hid on my shoulder. I turned my body to hold him away from the angry ghosts. brother was now behind me. I was in no mood to deal with these guys. I bared my teeth with a cold glare set in my eyes. we were in the middle of the street, and the ghosts were closing in. I half expected a fight to erupt between the ghosts and us. Then they began to grow silent.  Turning to the side where everyone seemed to have set their attention on something standing there, there they were. Xai Mio stood to the side of us. Their smokey grey hair was up in a ponytail that held their locks out of his face. The spikes that appeared from the top of his head before trailing to the middle of their forehead had pure white dots painted on them instead of mimicking the fade on his horns. Their dark eyes were glaring at those around us before softening on us. Their mouth, which stretched up to the side spikes just below his eyes, had a pale blue painted into swirls and dots. Their hands faded darkly towards the claws and had pearl blue rings on them. They had this aged golden collar with a ruby in the centre still. boldly lined a connection around their shoulders before attaching to thick armoured sleeves. Pale metal lined the botting of the arms before cuffing around the wrists. As could be seen on the left side of their chest, it was easy to tell they could smith and fight even with the detailed sheer material covering the once exposed skin. The muscle over his body was still clear, and he could throw a boulder a few hundred miles. Their trousers were skin tight, held up by a thin, pure white metal belt. The bottom of the trouser legs were cleanly folded, showing more of their lower calves.

"Your highness, general Xie," they said with a slight bow of their heads. "Lord Chengzu has sent me here to collect you."

I raised my head. A-yoong is most likely with him. so I could get the chance to actually speak with her. Honger must have some information on two individuals I have been finding the items of literally everywhere I go! So with a quick pace, my brother and I followed Xai Mio to the building where Honger and A-Yoong were waiting for us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The walk was silent. I was messing with a necklace I found on the alter of the Puqi shrine. it's a golden chain and pendant. No one was in that day, and when we were heading for bed, it just appeared out of nowhere. I shook my head, bringing my mind back to reality. The boy is here, and we need to locate him.