a hell hound.9

"He doesn't want you because he isn't interested in women." I told her in a low tone before turning back and pulling my brother away before she had time to react.

The ghosts saw that the maiden was now arguing with Zhu about pigs or something as we left. The woman's name is Lan Chan from what everyone was shouting behind us. We just left, and Kohona was still shielding my baby's eyes.

"Kohona," I said as I turned to her while walking with quick steps. She looked at me, almost panicking. "When we get back, I will owe you beyond belief!"

Kohona flashed a humorous smile as she shook her head, continuing on. Xai Mio was trying to come up with some sort of understanding of what just happened. I heard my brother sigh. He is probably the most uncomfortable since Lan Chan practically left her chest uncovered completely! Yes, I am attracted to women, but that is not my cup of tea. I cannot tell A-yoong about that. She will go on a rage spree if I tell her or if she hears it from the streets of Ghost City. cheers, cackles, and dice hitting hard surfaces ahead. I hadn't noticed that we ran across Ghost City until now. Looking up, the dark sky was lit up with golden, glowing creatures. a building reaching high, covered over the entrance with banners written over with the unmistakable handwriting of Honger's. If I had to guess, this is the gambler's den.

This is Honger's most-used area. where he sets up deals and keeps demons and ghost's in check when they attempt to go out of line. Ghost flames floated in and out. Demons and ghost's of many forms, shapes, and sizes walked in and out. Some have snake features, beast features, slightly human features, and many others.  Qing Xuan most likely went inside to investigate and play around a little. I saw that brother only glance at it before turning away from it.

"Brother, let's go in!" I called after him. He stopped and attempted to say something against going in, turning to me. I latched onto his hand and began pulling him to the gambler's den. Honger is inside, and Qing Xuan is investigating this place too. Kohona and Xai Mio were confused but followed. We passed a masked individual who was missing his legs and was being carried out on a stretcher. He was shaking from the excruciating pain of his bloodied nub knees. Blood was dripping off the fresh wounds. The man, like many other humans coming into this city, wore a mask, hiding his face. I couldn't see what the mask was past the men carrying him out. My brother was concerned. I didn't give the man a second thought. Tiny ghost creatures followed behind, licking at the blood trail.

"My lord," a feminine voice called from ahead. I turned to the voice and saw one of the ghost maidens that work here for Honger. Her face was fair, with locks of hair as dark as her eyes. So there was no sign of any light in the eyes that locked with the chestnut and silver blue eyes of my brother and me. "Are you and your company here to play?"

Her dress was dark with pink cherry blossom petals. She carried an incense burner, creating sweet smells as she moved away from the bright red curtains.

"Ah-um," his brother said, tucking away a thick strand of his brunet hair behind his ear. "We don't have money on us."

"I doubt money is the only thing they bet on, brother." I said, adjusting my mask as I released my brother's hand.

"You are correct, miss," the maiden added in. "Money isn't what most people gamble with."

We were about to head in when barking and howling started behind us. Looking back, ghosts, demons, and humans were clearing the way for something covered in dark smoke with bright, glowing crimson eyes.

"Out of the way!" one of the more masculine demons bellowed. My sight was locked on the moving creature, launching stands away and trampling over others. "The hellhound is coming!"

The hellhound launched towards us with a familiar collar from eight hundred years ago. aged and torn fabric with a heart-shaped pendant

"Zuko?"