idiocy at play. 36

The kids huddled together in a ball by time Xie Lian, and I made it to them. They were scared. The little girl latched on to the boy's head while he healed the girl under her arms. They both had torn clothes on and were soaked in bloodied mud. The splotches could be detailed in the shape of foot prints, almost. They both had black hair that was matted, tangled, and caked in dirty, mixed blood. Both of these kids were a mess on their own. The boy was clearly beaten, while the girl looked like she was shoved down stairs. The kids looked about seven or eight, maybe even six. Both kids were shaking; did they have a patch of skin ripped off? How were these kids alive? I reached for the girl's neck and checked her pulse; my brother did the same for the boy. I sighed once I was sure the girl would be okay. brother gave a similar sigh. I lifted the girl who panicked and looked around before locking eyes with me. Her eyes were as black as they could be. Xie Lian picked up the boy, and they also locked eyes from what I could tell. I felt something odd with the girl's left arm.

"FENG‌ ‌XIN!‌ ‌ARREST‌ ‌QI‌ ‌RONG!!!" I heard Xie Lian call out to Feng Xin, enraged. I looked at my older brother and saw he meant business. I stood with the little girl in my arms and turned in the same direction as my brother to see Feng Xin wrestling Qi Rong in a strong hold.

"He's‌ ‌been‌ ‌stopped!"‌ Feng Xin called to us, as we began to rush their way. We were just barely close enough to speak and had a calmer volume when Qi Rong roared and howled in rage.

"YOU‌ ‌FUCKING‌ ‌LOWLY‌ ‌SERVANT‌ ‌DARE‌ ‌HURT‌ ‌ME!‌ ‌WHO‌ ‌GAVE‌ YOU THE BALLS?!!" Feng Xin had knocked him down, scraping himself against the dirt he knocked bystanders into.

"We ‌did!"‌ both Xie Lian and i said as one. the kids still in our arms. Qi Rong opened his mouth to make a comment, only to shut it soon after. I felt the little girl cling to me. I raised my hand to cradle the back of her head.

"Cousin‌ ‌Crown‌ ‌Prince!"‌ he finally called. Our cousin is truly...

"Look‌ ‌at‌ ‌what‌ ‌you've‌ ‌done!‌ ‌Qi‌ ‌Rong‌ ‌I‌ ‌really..."‌ brother began to speak angrily till something caused him to stop mid sentence. I looked over, and the little boy twitched slightly, then looked up past his inner elbow. The little one had bandages covering his right eye. This was the same boy!

"How‌ ‌do‌ ‌you‌ ‌feel?‌ ‌Do‌ ‌you‌ ‌feel‌ ‌pain‌ ‌anywhere‌ ‌especially?"‌  Xie Lian changed his tone. gentle and soothing. a better tone for comforting a young child. He wasn't unconscious or in any sort of extraordinary pain. The little one just shook his head. I looked at the little girl. She also shook her head. I adjusted her position in my arms before looking at her left arm. There was a large lump covering her elbow, making her hand paralyzed into a permanent fist. I raised my hand to her lump and applied a feather-like pressure to the abnormal lump. The swollen patch of skin glowed beneath her sleeve before flattening. A slight crackling could be heard. Her hand began to move before she opened her hand wide. She stared at her palm. confused and, most likely, fascinated. everyone is after seeing my power.

"Cousin‌ ‌Crown‌ ‌Prince,‌ ‌that‌ ‌little‌ ‌fiend‌ ‌ruined‌ ‌your‌ ‌grand‌ ‌ceremony‌ ‌yesterday,‌ ‌so‌ ‌I‌ ‌avenged‌ ‌you.‌ ‌Don't‌ ‌worry,‌ ‌I‌ ‌was‌ ‌careful,‌ ‌he‌ ‌won't‌ ‌die."‌ i jerked in place. I felt my brows furrow before I looked at Qi Rong with anger burning in my eyes.

"WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU TO DO THAT?" I shrieked at the top of my lungs. Qi Rong turned deathly pale. Feng Xin stumbled back a few steps. He hasn't seen this side of me. hardly anyone has. "THIS KID FELL! He didn't throw things at the parade like you did! IT WASN'T HIS FAULT!"

Qi Rong was silent. Feng Xin was silent; all of the street we stood in was silent. The horses stood still and made no sound.