what now?3

"So, I'd like to ask both of the twin heirs of Xianle." He held one arm behind his back and held out the other while he spoke. "These two, the young man in red and the young lady in flames, which god are they?"

I sigh while my brother clears his throat.

"Um..." The brother tried to lie his way out. I'll have to step in later. "I can't remember clearly. At the time, we came across a caravan, so maybe he came from there."

"Your highness, the crown prince," Pei said with a shit-eating grin. "Little Pei said that you were very close with the man in red."

"The young man in red is a new friend of my brother and me, while the young woman in flames is a residence of the new Xianle," I said with a heaved sigh. Pei wasn't expecting this, and neither was the rest of the heavenly court, since whispers swarmed around us. I closed my eyes and gave an adverbial sigh.

"Of course, it is a surprise for most of the officials here." An all-too-familiar voice sounded. I opened my eyes, turned back, and turned with a smile. "Since she had not mentioned these two with very few officials here, little Pei did commit a crime and is about to be exiled. So how much of his word is believable?"

"Exactly, old friend." I countered. Shi Qingxuan gave us a bright smile as he walked towards us. "This will have to be discussed, yes?"

"This will depend on whether Generals Nan Yang and Xuen Zhen are willing to help out little Pei," he said before snapping his finger. appearing from above, Pei Xue's clone fell before landing above the ground, covered in wounds. Its eyes were closed and only hovered. Others began to whisper again and make comments.

"But if it was crimson rain," Mu Yoong Yoong said while standing at the side with Feng Ling. "Then why didn't he attack the caravan and the officials there, including high-ranking ones? He attacked Dad and Nan Yang when he encountered them. Why would he help the twin heirs of Xianle?"

Everyone began to talk amongst themselves. Pei looked livid.

"We know he is a deceiver, so it could be part of a plan he has," he said before bringing everything back to Pei Xue's case. "Little Pei's clone, the shapes of these wounds on its body—Nan Yang and Xuen Zhen have both fought this person before."

Both stood in the crowd. I glanced back, and they both locked eyes with me. both looked away from my eyes. I gave a narrow glare before turning back. They don't have the heart to look me in the eye, yet I can see why. I did cause them harm with IT the last time I lost control.

"I'm sure it will be easy since his handy work is one of a kind," I said with a stiff smile. Pei doesn't know as much about my brother and me as he believes he does. The room became quiet. I stood tall. waiting for them to take a look. but they didn't make much of an attempt.

"Nan Yang, Xuen Zhen," his majesty ordered. "Take a look."

I waited. I heard movement before they finally made noise. They both walked to Pei Xue's clone and looked it over. They know the damage from Honger, but not from A-yoong. Others began to whisper. They won't listen if I tell them to stop. There isn't much I can do. So I stand and ignore it. I send both former residences of home, sharp glaring ice daggers. They make attempts to avoid my gaze, but they always glance at me. I don't want to be upset, but I can't forgive them for leaving my brother alone like they did. brother knows what's going on. It isn't the first time this has happened. They finish, and they have to get out of my range of sight.

"Glorious emperor," both say while looking away from me as hesitantly as a set of frightened dogs. "it's him. It's the scimitar, E'ming, and a weapon neither of us are familiar with."

Everyone began to make comments to the point of being considered an uproar.  I sighed and began to rub my forehead with my palm. brother stood still, averting his eyes slightly.

"Thank you for confirming the generals." I could hit that smug face right off Pei Ming. "Then I'm afraid my guess as to who His Highness and his sister were accompanied by may be true."

"General," I said with venom. I don't refer to anyone as "your highness" or "your majesty," not even "general," unless I genuinely don't like them or I hate them. and there aren't many I hate in this world. "Are you trying to say that we colluded with a ghost king and potential ghost queen to what? frame someone my brother didn't know since he was mortal and I only met once before he disappeared?"

"Or are you saying that they have been colluding with these two since they returned?" Shi Qing Xuan said it with one eye closed. brother recognizes him. I can tell that much. but he doesn't know that Shi Qing Xuan uses his male form when attending the heavenly court most of the time.

Pei Ming sighed and covered his face with one hand while placing the other over his hip. "It's not necessarily a collusion."

"Then what is it?" I asked with sass. Shi Qing Xuan held back a laugh.

"These two can easily deceive others and are practically on the same level. It is possible that they used some sort of trickery on the twin heirs of Xianle." He waved his hand, and the clone dissipated.

"I just believe that since this involves the three realms, we should not jump to conclusions so easily before getting to the bottom of this." He continued like this was on Banyue. "It's best if the grand tutor was brought here and handed over for public retrial."

"Pei!" I shouted. My voice is growing dark. Everyone froze and turned to me, but Brother. "I don't have much respect for the likes of you. Si Qing Xuan heard the entire confession, as did Mu Yoong Yoong and a deputy official under her and her father. So unless you are going to go by what all witnesses' heard and prove otherwise, there isn't much use in you trying to pin the blame on Banyue."

No one said a word after that. I let out a sigh. Pei Ming gave a shocked expression.

"regardless. Even if it was Hua Cheng and Yoong Song, why does it matter to anyone who my brother and I put our trust in? And how does that have to do with Pei Xue? The heavenly emperor himself is standing right here and can tell if there is deception magic on our bodies."

"My sister is right." Brother countered. placing a hand on my shoulder. "Yes, ghost kings and potential ghost queens are notorious, but that doesn't mean you can pin the blame on them for any crime without evidence."

Shi Qing Xuan had his eyes closed and fanned himself while the others gave off looks our way.