old faces. 25

A song began pulling me ahead. I guess there's something that has to be done. I didn't notice it yet, but the officials were screaming over what they saw, and poor Feng Xin was stuck in a maiden's bath house. god damn! I didn't hear either one of the girls in the array. so they are probably getting the others riled up. They must be rolling dice to attempt to locate us. We were walking, and I was a little worried since Feng Xing and Mu Qing both started arguing after seeing one another's fears. I just kept walking since I couldn't use the communications array, and I silenced them this time. I felt a shift in the air when A-song stopped me, blocking me with her body.  Just before us, in the blink of an eye, a bright beam shot down into the ground ahead of us. I blocked my eyes with my hand. The light didn't last long once it settled. I looked to the source, and there was an obsidian black blade I hadn't seen for eight hundred years. Fang Xin, the same sword that was used to stab Xie Lian by Bai Wuxiang. Why the hell did this kid have it?

"Pick up your sword, grand tutor." Qian Qiu appeared behind the sword, unsheathing his weapon. I realized I had never seen the blade the Yoong'an preceptor held. It's better to know I didn't. I would have thought the man behind the mask was the same monster that caused so much pain. "Trying to run away? You still owe me a duel."

i sighed. I already knew my brother had an idea, but that wouldn't take the heat off him. I could faintly hear the shuddering steps of a raging boar. I knew these steps. And of course, I was the only one who knew the owner of these steps aside from Qian Qiu. I stood back with A-song in tow. The steps rushing this way grew louder in my ears. The only other person who could possibly hear it is my brother. I stood back and waited for her to show up. It wasn't long before Brother took hold of the dark blade. I hate the past that we were connected to. out of any sword, why did brother have to hold onto that one?

"WOMAN UP!" a voice exclaimed above us. I yanked A-song away by the arm and tackled her down to block away the dirt and rocks resulting from the person crashing into the earth. A loud crash sounded. I felt A-song sit us up and wave her hand. She must have used an enchantment. "hah! Now that was easy."

Once the dust cleared, A-song and I stood up to face the person who had landed. She was tall, broad-shouldered, built like a crescent-pass soldier, and had long brunet hair. Her eyes were a similar hue compared to her hair. Her outfit was an open-back shirt, showing her belly made of boar skin. Her short pants were made of boar skin, as were her boots. Covering her face was a mask, creating the look of a tusked boar. Her back had the tattoo of a boar design. She stood in a dug-up area of earth. She carried no weapon, but she looked strong enough to kill a god.

"Been a while, hasn't it?" i greeted. The tall woman turned to me with a crease in her eyes. She smiled my way behind the mask.

"It has arctic," she responded, perching her hands on her hips. "I will guess you tracked a snake here."

"Snake?" I asked as my brows furrowed.

"Yeah, she was taken by the green pain." I sighed so hard, someone could have thought I was going to choke on one of my lungs.

"What did Qi Rong do now?" I asked, plopping my forehead into the palm of my hand as I rubbed it.

"I would guess he sent his underlings to take Snake before she could reach New Xianle," she explained.

"Who the hell?" Qian Qiu spat in anger. When Boar turned, her eyes sparked with something. I knew she recognized him.

"Qian Qiu?" she asked as she turned her entire body to look at him. The poor girl has missed him since the day they were both separated.

"Have we met?" he asked, dusting off the dirt.

"It's me," she said. With her right hand, she lifted her mask. revealing a nineteen- or so-year-old woman. Qian Qiu looked stunned. His fire-fueled eyes were childlike now. His lips parted, showing his upper set of teeth.

"Suki?" he asked. his sword blade against the earth.  though that moment was short-lived. A puff of dark crimson smoke surrounded Qian Qiu.

"GE!" Suki panicked. The smoke cleared to reveal a maple-red Daruma doll. It's face was territorial and could be described as tiger-like with ignorance. a large blade painted into the back and bobbing from side to side.

"Honger, that was not necessary." I turned to him while my brother was still holding Fang Xin. Oh, how I hate that sword.

"Bring him along," he said to Suki while she ran to Qian Qiu in doll form. She held him up with both hands while her mask sat on the side of her face.

"Does this have to do with him?" Suki asked aggressively. I squinted toward Honger. He didn't offer a response. He took out a set of dice and rolled them in his hand. ahead of us, a cave appeared. Suki walked alongside us. The others must be busy if it's only Suki. Feng Ling and Mu Yoong Yoong are probably trying to calm their dads down. I walked with A-song and the other two while my brother was stunned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were walking through the tunnels, following Honger's lead. We went through multiple tunnels. Suki held onto the doll while Honger was leading us. Eventually, he had to make us look like the underlings of Qi Rong. green ghost flames above our heads, pale white skin, lime yellow eyes with dark slits, and slim dark make-up around our eyes. Dark swamp green robes were replacing our usual attire. We passed by some underlings leading a group of people with their wrists tied with rope. Honger elbowed his brother. Suki, A-song, and I followed his lead. We hid among the humans as they were walking.

The walk wasn't long. It was just a few turns and a lot of shoving. We were brought to a large opening in the cave. decorated in gaudy dark green over hanging materials, with many ghosts clad in green and carrying various human body parts, and a soup with different parts of people floating inside. I glanced ahead, and there, sitting on a green substance-covered throne, was Qi Rong. as arrogant as I remember him. He wore his dark hair half-up in a bun. His robes were green like the many underlings he commands. What was really irritating to me was the fact that Qi Rong had the audacity to rest his filthy feet on the statue I have been destroying copies of for years. a statue of the flower crown prince kneeling for forgiveness. I clenched my fists. I can't be found out yet. not until I ask Qi Rong what I have been itching to know for years.