seeing the trouble makers.16

No one was there that day, and when we were heading for bed, it just appeared out of nowhere. I shook my head, bringing my mind back to reality. The boy is here, and we need to locate him. Xai Mio led us through the city to a new building that had a similar design compared to the gamblers den. This must be a paradise manor. Inside, from what I can see, is a similar sight that a traveller would witness in the Xianle days. Many ghost maidens were dressed in gold masks, some with piercings, makeup, and jewellery of many kinds; half their hair tipped up while the rest flowed down as the hundreds of maidens danced; the outfits of red and pale gold revealed the woman's arms and stomachs; their skirts twirled with every step; and golden ribbons swirled and moved with the same beautiful steps. The women were gorgeous as they performed in the large open space. The air was filled with the jingle of the beautiful jewellery.

Xai Mio stepped away to most likely finish an assignment that Honger most likely gave them. I glanced towards my brother, who only looked straight ahead. I followed his gaze to a well-dressed young man sitting on a dark seat that could fit over nine or ten people. He was placing these golden foil pieces on one another, creating a beautiful miniature version of a high-class building. I remember when my brother and I were young, he would glue the pieces together to keep the formation from falling apart. I did something similar, but I would use an enchantment I learned from some book references I found after snooping through the Xianle grand tutors' things. brother shifted behind the wall out of sight. I sighed as I shifted Kiyoshi into my arms. I looked into the young man's face. the same face as the gamblers. Honger is really doing all he can to gain all my older brothers attention.

Honger had a new outfit and hairstyle. His hair was partly up in a sort of high ponytail, with half his hair down. The right half of his bangs were fluffed and hung over the eye patch covering his missing right eye. The strap holding the patch was thicker than the one before. The left half of his bangs were tucked behind his ear. I noticed his ear also had an earring made mostly of metal, forming a loop with a design inside that I couldn't tell from here. hanging from the mettle is a bright crimson thread. His outfit is a dark silver sleeveless robe top that revealed a tattoo that I don't particularly recognize on his left shoulder. There was a butterfly silver chest piece, which is typical for Hongers. On his right arm is a golden band over his bicep. Over both his wrists and his hands were silver cuffs of mettle over top dark fabric that were attached to a silver ring on both middle fingers. His right hand, of course, had the red string on it. His left wrist, covering dark fabric, reached to his elbow. His nails were still painted dark. His trousers are a dark grey, while his boots are a dark material, lined near the top with silver pieces and silver butterflies dangling. I saw how Honger sat, with one leg set over the edge of the seat while the other was bent up on the seat, all while looking away from me. brother remained hidden.

I knew he knew that we had arrived. I felt a tug at my robes. I looked down, and Zuko was about the height of a small pony. He nuzzled his nose into my leg. While living in Xianle, he would do this when I was nervous or afraid. I didn't know how much I missed this until now. I dropped one arm and began to pet his head.

"Since you're already here," I snapped my head back up, and I saw Honger's face change to a fox grin. Looking closely, I saw a tiny ring in the thick strap, with a thinned strap above it. "Why haven't you come in?"

brother didn't move. I felt Kiyoshi tense. I rested my palm on the back of his head to soothe him. This worked for my cousins when they were on the verge of having a meltdown. Kiyoshi hid his face in my neck. I looked at him with a half-lidded gaze. I gave him a kiss on the forehead before looking back. Honger had this shit-eating grin on his face. I smirked as Honger waved his hand over the golden foil structure before knocking it down. My brother from the past would be really upset. I could hear his voice echo, "Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall." Honger stood tall before walking down the steps leading to the main floor. I just smirked while I shifted my weight onto one foot. I glanced at Flower Sword, who was just hiding behind the wall. Looking back at Honger, he was just passing by the dancing woman. Before long, Honger was standing in front of me. We shared a smirk before he began to speak.

"Gege, JieJie, come in and have a seat." I just realized there were beads hanging from the upper door frame. Honger looked directly at my older brother. I turned my body to face the flower sword. "Gege, are you not coming in because you and JieJie have grown distant from me in just a few days?"

"San Lang is the one who pretended not to know me in the gamblers den earlier." brother explain. reminding me how much pain my lungs and heart are in. A-yoong didn't get a chance to really talk to me, and I wanted to drag her around with me everywhere. I could hear my brother sigh as Honger wrapped his arm around Flower's shoulders as he led us into the manor. I stayed silent until I was roped into the conversation.

"Lang Qian Qiu was there as well." Honger explained as we passed the dancing woman. I smirked at them, giving them an idea of who my brother is to their lord. They all covered their mouths before giving a giggle and whispering amongst themselves. "If I hadn't acted a little, I would have brought trouble to Gege and JieJie."

I noticed Kiyoshi was a little nervous, so I took him to the side before kneeling in front of his eyes.

"Kiyoshi, sweet pea, what's wrong?" I sat him down on his feat. He glanced around the room before locking his dark eyes on my silver blue eyes. I felt someone else enter the manor, but they weren't a threat.

"What's going on, mother?" he asked. I sigh with my lips pressed in a flat line.

"Hua Cheng is an old friend of mine," I explain as I give his shoulders a gentle squeeze. "he-"

"A... Mei..?" I heard a gentle voice behind us. I look back, and there stands the woman I have been trying to find for the last thirty years.