secrets. 33

We left the martial hall and went to our respective rooms with our respective attendances. My room in the Xianle training hall is more recent since I had to train and learn by my brother's side in secret for a while. Once in my room, I changed into some training garb and set aside the dress Haoyu made.

"Hey, Xiao Guo?" I asked as I fixed my hair to be half up in two buns at the back of my head.

"Yeah?" he responded as I walked out of the side room.

"Did Feng Xin say anything about how the kid was?" Haoyu looked at me for a moment before he answered.

"The kid kicked him before he could look the little thing over," he said as he checked over my attire and my hair. Once he gave me the nod, we left. just in time to see Mu Qing run past.

"Qing Qing?" He didn't hear me. He just continued to run. I looked at Haoying, and he went sprinting the other way. while I bolted after Mu Qing.

~~~~~

I leaped from tree branch to tree branch with baskets in my arms as I collected the bright red cherries along the way and made my movements as silent as possible. Qing Qing left the building the four of us have been cultivating in and looked to be heading out towards the fruit trees.  My guess is that he's getting cherries for his mother. I have heard him mumble to himself about his mother and cherries. I was about to leap down once I saw Mu Qing setting down a basket that was piled high. I stopped myself in time when I saw a group of five white-clad young men surrounding Qing Qing. Each one had a basket in hand. They all must have come for some fruit. I could hear one of them beginning a quarrel.

"No‌ ‌wonder‌ ‌there‌ ‌seemed‌ ‌to‌ ‌be‌ ‌less‌ ‌fruits‌ ‌in‌ ‌the‌ ‌woods‌ ‌lately,‌ ‌so‌ ‌it‌ ‌was‌ ‌someone‌ ‌who's‌ ‌been‌ ‌squatting‌ ‌around‌ ‌stealing."‌ ‌

A‌ ‌soft‌ ‌voice‌ ‌replied,‌ ‌"The‌ ‌fruits‌ ‌grown‌ ‌on‌ ‌Mount‌ ‌Taicang‌ ‌can‌ ‌be‌ ‌picked‌ ‌by‌ ‌anyone‌ ‌who's‌ ‌a‌ ‌disciple‌ ‌at‌ ‌the‌ ‌pavilion,‌ ‌so‌ ‌how‌ ‌is‌ ‌it‌ ‌stealing?‌ ‌Besides,‌ ‌there's‌ ‌hundreds‌ ‌and‌ ‌thousands‌ ‌of‌ ‌fruit‌ ‌trees‌ ‌here.‌ ‌There's‌ ‌no‌ ‌way‌ ‌there'd‌ ‌be‌ ‌less‌ ‌fruits‌ ‌by‌ ‌my‌ ‌power‌ ‌alone."‌ ‌ ‌one in the front commented. It was Zhu. the young man that I sent Pyua to warn of this exact action. That‌ ‌trainee‌ ‌hmphed,‌ ‌"Of‌ ‌course‌ ‌if‌ ‌it‌ ‌was‌ ‌only‌ ‌you‌ ‌picking‌ ‌for‌ ‌yourself‌ ‌the‌ ‌fruits‌ ‌wouldn't‌ ‌be‌ ‌noticeably‌ ‌less,‌ ‌but‌ ‌you‌ ‌don't‌ ‌just‌ ‌pick‌ ‌for‌ ‌yourself,‌ ‌do‌ ‌you?‌ ‌You‌ ‌sneak‌ ‌them‌ ‌down‌ ‌the‌ ‌mountain‌ ‌for‌ ‌other‌ ‌people.‌ ‌Exploiting‌ ‌the‌ ‌benefits,‌ ‌how‌ ‌shameless.‌ after all, the crown princess won't protect you forever. while you have this much disrespect."

The‌ ‌trainees‌ ‌that‌ ‌couldn't‌ ‌stand‌ ‌Mu‌ ‌Qing‌ ‌were‌ ‌picking‌ ‌on‌ ‌him‌ ‌again.‌ ‌‌Mu‌ ‌Qing‌ ‌came‌ ‌from‌ ‌a‌ ‌poor‌ ‌family. I know this; he's been like this with those who try their way of "communicating" when they have a sour attitude to expel. They all target Mu Qing for no reason. I plucked a cherry off the tree and tossed it with the stem in my mouth before separating the stem with my tongue and moving both around. I have only met Mu Qing's mother once, but she truly is a kind woman. much like how she raised him. Meanwhile, his father was killed as a criminal. I never had the chance to know him as a person. Mu Qing doesn't talk about him either. Mu Qing's mother has bad eye sight, so she can't work anymore. Hearing this person speak to someone I care for so much is more than an insult to me. It's discrimination—something I cannot leave unpunished. I heard Mu Qing's voice grow cold with ice.