missing earth master.21

"Great, let's get out of here before they find us." Yoko Kohana said as she stood up from the dirt.

"Before what finds us?" the wind master asked the kitsune.

"earthworm spirits. The snow queen and I faced them before, and it was not fun." Kohanna quickly aided both the wind master and Xie Lian on their feet.

"Right, sister can't balance in mud." Xie Lian concurred. Before they could take a single step, the tunnel began to rumble and shake.

"oh no." Kohana sighed as she latched onto both individuals by their arms and began to run. Xie Lia and Shi Qing Xuan looked back, and chasing after them was a swollen giant earthworm wriggling at full speed. They were going too slowly on foot. Kohana threw both Xie Lian and Shi Qing Xuan up into the air. Kohana continued to run as both male individuals fell towards the space ahead of them. Kohana leaped into the air as pale purple light outlined her figure, while dark mana swarmed her. The scene lasted for a moment before it vanished, leaving a bear-sized fox with nine tails to catch both the lord and prince on its back. It's fur was soft, with void-colored swirling designs in its fur. a beautiful creature with blazing bright maple-red eyes.

"Hold onto me!" The fox called to the two on it's back. This fox spirit was Yoko Kohana. She sped away from the earthworm, yiping at the dark shadows. She created small, dark flames to light the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kohana slowed to a trot as she looked for something that could be a way out or another door, like what brought them into the nest. Off to the side, there was a tile.

"found our exit." She turned her large fox head back to the riders. both got off with a slide. Kohana raised her body to stand on her hind legs. Pale light outlined her body again. Dark mana swarmed again, and she was back, with flowers holding her dark hair out of her face on both sides, her kitsune ears and tails perked, and her dark kimono set in place. She turned to watch for other spirits that could come by. She heard the rattle of dice hitting the tile. Then the ground opened up again. This time, she was ready for the fall. The fall was from a much higher area. Kohana managed to delay the fall with nearby tree branches formed by a forest below them. Xie Lian and Shi Qing Xuan fell through the trees and into the dirt, while Kohana landed on her feet. She stood up with her head held high. She looked around the forest, but there was nothing out of the ordinary.

"It looks like we landed in a forest somewhere." Kohana observed.

"I don't think so." Xie Lian said as he crawled up from the dirt. Kohana looked back, about to ask why, until she saw people in animal skins and leaves leaping out of bushes, making animal noises, and waving around tall staffs with sharp rocks teeming on them, creating spears. Kohana read up on these spirits; they were located near the south mountains and were barbaric spirits that feasted on human flesh. They must be those spirits.

"Working with you is exciting, flower prince!" Kohana said as she used the same spell to shift again. This time, she didn't use this to run. She waved her nine tails in the air, summoning a void. She sent beams of dark matter directly towards the spirits surrounding them, blasting them away. "There, now let's find that next exit."

Kohana shifted back and headed off. Something both the prince and lord noticed was that Kohana had a shorter tail than before. neither said anything, since it is rumoured that Kitsunes thrive and fulfill all sorts of lives based on the power they hold. nine tails, being the most treasured appearance among their kind. The trio was silent as they walked through the forest. Another tile was found beside a stump. Xie Lian rolled the dice on it, and a door had materialized. Inside,  dark stone formed a corridor. Kohana sighed as she trudged into the corridor. The other two followed close behind. They walked down for about two hundred steps. Instead of a dead end, there was a hallway leading ahead.

"Thank the stars, we didn't go in a circle." Kohana sighed. She formed a dark flame again. showing a person sitting in the dark. They were a young man of about twenty or so, with dark hair held up, clad in black, their head down, and bleeding in some places. The scent of blood was thick and putrid. "Oh, my stars. Are you okay?"

Kohana rushed to the person sitting cross-legged. The young man was surprised, to say the least.

"it's you!" Shi Qing Xuan called as he followed Kohana.

"You two know each other?" Xie Lian asked, and Kohana lifted the injured man up with her tails when she froze.

"i don't know him," said the clad man 

"huh?!" Shi Qing Xuan shouted.

"Wait, you wouldn't happen to be Ming Yi, would you?" Kohana asked as she adjusted the man on her back.

"I am," he responded.

"So you sent the signal?"

"i did."

"Then let's go. and don't be so distressed about knowing Qing Xuan or being his best friend; it's insulting in more ways than one." Kohana explained as she began to make her way out of the dungeon. "also, i can see why you are pretending you don't know him, since he did make you take on a woman's appearance in Crescent pass. "

Xie Lian made an oh shape with his mouth, understanding who the man was and who the black-clad woman in black from before was. The three continued on their way to find the exit of the dungeon and a way back to the proper area to get out of Ghost City. It was a long way to go. There wasn't any sign of a plate to roll dice to exit for a while, until the four came to a stone set of doors.

"Hey flower prince, have you any luck left?" Kohana called back. holding up the now unknown earth master, whom the wind master was adamant about making sure was safe.