a dark fate. 41

An alarm began to blare as what was happening became more obvious. I rushed through the hall, desperate to find the boys and make sure they were safe. I left the building and saw the black pagoda doors were open! Numerous whisps of dark smoke came flooding out! I began to panic, worrying about the boys!

"Feng Xin?" I called out as everyone was panicking and running. "Mu Qing?! Xie Lian?!"

I didn't see them until Xie Lian was running and looking around frantically.

"Brother!" I called to him, as I was partly relieved. Once he was close enough, I hugged him tightly. "Where's the other two? I thought they would be with you by now."

"I don't know where they are, sister; I just came out here; right now we must check the black pagoda." Xie Lian said this before he pulled me towards the black pagoda. I ran with him inside. The black pagoda's scandalous wood walls were many different sizes piled on top of one another unevenly, with clay jars in each gap, porcelain vases, and jaded boxes among many other objects. Each container was securely in place until now. The red covers were stuffed firmly in place with yellow talismans and red spells to keep these spirits from escaping and causing harm. Now they are all shattered, and so many more continued to drop and break after wobbling in place.

"Brother, I must close the doors and lock them!" I told Xie Lian as we both ran out the door to reach the other side of the door. "now!"

on point, we kicked the doors shut. I was about to relock the chain when I saw the broken steel. Xie Lian unsheathed his sword and began drawing a combination of characters before plunging the blade into the earth. The blade plunged into the earth, which was now what sealed the doors shut. The ghosts and spirits inside could be heard howling and rioting, trying to get out. I looked around and realized the spirits were swarming the Xianle Pavilion!

"Feng Xin! Mu Qing!" I cried as I bolted towards the Xianle pavilion, whose corner was now aflame.

"Xie Mei Mei!" I heard Xie Lian call after me, but I didn't stop. i couldn't. not while Feng Xin and Mu Qing could have been in danger. The kids were with them, so if they are okay, then so should Honger and Chun. I didn't stop running. Others were trying to get answers. those who tried to stop me from asking, I leaped up to their shoulders to lung further ahead in order to get closer to the pavilion. I have to know if everyone is okay! I practically shoved my way past the cultivators and students who were trying to put out the flames. I still didn't see the boys. I rushed past everyone as a blue light surrounded my body, protecting me from the flames. I couldn't see past the smoke. but I could feel two silhouettes ahead. it's them. I know it is.

"FENG‌ ‌XIN!‌ ‌MU‌ ‌QING!"‌ i called again, desperate to hear their voices.

Sure‌ ‌enough,‌ ‌Feng‌ ‌Xin's‌ ‌voice‌ ‌rang out. "YOUR‌ ‌HIGHNESS,‌ ‌DON'T‌ ‌COME‌ ‌IN!‌ ‌THIS‌ ‌BOY ‌IS‌ ‌STRANGE,‌ ‌ALL‌ ‌THOSE‌ ‌SPIRITS‌ ‌WERE‌ ‌COMING‌ ‌FOR‌ ‌HIM!"‌

The kids are here with them, which is good.

"It's not him!"

"IT'S‌ ‌NOT‌ ‌ME!"  both the kids shrieked as they huddled together from what i can sense.

"Stop‌ ‌holding‌ ‌on.‌ ‌Let‌ ‌it‌ ‌go!"‌ i heard Xie Lian call from behind me. I looked back, and I saw a golden glow. This tactic I created myself. My brother learned it from seeing me use it.

Mu‌ ‌Qing‌'s voice ‌cried‌ ‌back,‌ ‌"We‌ ‌can't‌ ‌let‌ ‌go!‌ ‌If‌ ‌we‌ ‌do,‌ ‌those‌ ‌things‌ ‌will‌ ‌go‌ ‌crazy!‌ ‌Let‌ ‌me‌ ‌find‌ ‌the‌ ‌most‌ ‌–"‌