the worst timing.11

"I want all my other rivals to die a sudden death!" I shut my eyes in an attempt to control my mana and keep it in check. the ghost maiden from before, and many others were struck dumb by the desire this man had. The others were quietly discussing amongst themselves. I just kept my eyes shut and held on to Zuko. Darkness covered my vision, but I could still see everything that was happening, and I could feel IT growing stronger. eight hundred years, and it still won't let me be.

"This request is more difficult than the last." The woman explained while I stood there, sensing what my brother was feeling. I could also sense that Kiyoshi was scared and confused. "Ten years of your daughter's life may not be enough. Why not consider requesting something else? for example, your business moving up the ladder."

"No!" The man began to go mad at the sound of his voice. I cannot bring myself to open my eyes while he is still betting away his child's life. "This is the only thing I want! If it's not enough, then I'll just add more! I'll bet on twenty years of my daughter's life! and... and the fate of her marriage!"

That was enough to snap my eyes open! My eyes changed to a pitch black Sclera while my iris remained blue around the pupil of my eyes. Everyone was either shocked or impressed! People were even calling him amazing! I looked at Xie Lian. He was shocked, while I was on the brink of losing my mind over this useless, good for nothing, no shadow of doubt, dog-shit father down there about to bet away his daughter's life and marriage! I handed Zuko over to him before I ended up squeezing him too hard. My brother was surprised for a moment until he saw my eyes, and my hands were latched onto the railing before almost crushing it to splinters. I felt my hands tingle. Looking down, I saw something odd with my hands. They looked to have this almost frost-like crack on them, like glass in the winter. My nails were pointed, like winter white claws.

"Fine." I heard A-Yoong spit. "Evens are a loss; odds are a win."

"Once the cup is lifted, there's no arguing." The ghost maiden said it with a gentle voice. I was about to run to that man down there and pulverize him! when I looked at A-Yoong, and she motioned with her hand to stay up here. I realized too late that I was freezing the entire upper area. I looked to my sleeves. Thankfully, I had not reopened the old scars on my arms or neck. "begin!"

I looked at my brother, and he was being held back by Qing Xuan. I looked down for a moment before going back to the man. He was about to roll the dice. His hand had just barely touched the cup when a man appeared out of nowhere and crushed the gambler's hand with his fist, crushing the cup underneath into pieces with a hard slam! Cracks covered the table as the man's hand was bleeding. I didn't need to see his face.

"Oh, Lang Qiang Qiu." I sighed as I took Zuko back and held him close. His head was perked up, and I felt him growl.