a night alone together.19

Lang Ying was fast asleep. I stood up and took A-song's hand before silently leaving. glancing back to make sure that both boys were asleep.

~~~~~~

I walked around the paradise mansion along A-song. We were joined at the hips, and our arms were locked together. I was grinning as big as I could. A familiar sigh was heard. When I turned away from A-song, I noticed Honger and Xie Lian about to enter a room.

"Honger!" I shouted back, waving my hand. "brother!"

"eh? Oh, sister!" The flower sword turned toward us before smiling brightly in the direction of me. A-song and I approach them. "San Lang was about to take me to my room for tonight."

"ah, so-"

A crash cut me off. For a brief moment, Zuko growled beside me. Honger groaned heavily before entering the room where his brother is supposed to stay tonight. My brother and I followed behind Honger. I had my arm locked with A-song's still. Zuko weaved between everyone's legs. Inside, on a centre table, was a silver scimiter curved to a sharp point. The middle piece of the scimiter opened, revealing a dark crimson eye.

"oh, E-Ming!" I greeted it with a smile. The silver-sheathed blade swayed with it's eye spinning in all directions.  I turned to my brother, who was in Aw.

"Gege, this is E-Ming." Honger introduced. brother stepped closer to the blade.

"Hello," the brother said, giving a slight wave to the sentient weapon. E-Ming swayed as if to wave back.

"Gege, he likes you." Honger told him.

"oh?" brother looked down to the blade, upright and swaying on a low table.

"He doesn't even look at people he doesn't like." Honger explained. I pulled A-song towards my person. I detangled our arms and wrapped my arms around her waist. "It's rare for E-Ming to appreciate someone."

"really?" I had a feeling of what the flower sword was about to do. I wasn't paying too close attention until I saw my brother petting E-Ming. oh dear. "Then, thank you. I like you quite a bit too."

"that's enough." Honger breathed as he took hold of E-Ming. His eye was closed while he gave a forced fang grin. "Come back when you're done with your work. Yoong Song, you can do whatever you want for the night."

"Sure thing, m'lord." A-song said it with half-care. I saw E-Ming just giving Honger attitude.

"Gege, you and JieJie can take a break here. I have to attend to something." Honger said as he was heading out.

"Alright," I said as I pulled A-song to the side. "A-song and I need to catch up, so we will just be walking around for a while."

"Just be careful," the flower sword said as we headed out the door. He sent a glare of some kind A-song's way for a moment before I could see it.

"When haven't I been careful, brother?" i laughed. My brother has the best in mind when it comes to my well-being. He's always been like that toward me. especially since I was nearly assassinated at the age of thirteen. A-song let go of me, causing me to look up to her, confused. At least I was, until A-song swept my body up in her arms. leaping through the air to an open window before leaping again towards the rooftop. I laughed as she held me. My arms were wrapped around her neck, and she spun the both of us around on the roof. She sat down with me in her arms.

"The stars are beautiful tonight." A-song said with her gaze towards the dark, almost black midnight view. I looked up with my head against A-song's shoulder.

"They are now that you're with me to see them." I said to her. I felt her cold skin become warm.

"A-Mei..." she squeaked. "Why are you doing this to my undead heart?"

"Because I haven't seen my dragon love in three decades." I looked at her with a tilted head. Her caramel face was blazing with blush. I reached up my hand to her cheek. She smiled with half-lidded eyes glowing a bright crimson. I pulled her down for a kiss. This kiss was the same as before, but this time it felt like some sort of mana was being offered. Once we broke off, we connected our foreheads.

"So, who was that woman you and your brother came here with?" A-song asked with her brows furrowed. I smirked, and I began to play with a strand of her hair.

"A-song," I said in a sing-song voice. "Are you drinking vinegar again, honey?"

A-song narrowed her eyes and gave a low growl. I gave her a smirk and rubbed my nose against hers.

"She's an old friend, my love," I told her. She wrapped her tail around me. "We met several years ago, and she's been helping me track my brother down."

"She's hiding something big." A-song is normally like this since she knows what I have been through as a princess and an ascended goddess.

"I know, but she's been through a mess like the rest of us, hun." I told her. Kohana is odd when it comes to her past. She wasn't lying about how the last time she saw her family, it was bad. It was a lie to say that it happened before she became a spirit, though. She said it happened the day she became a spirit. but it doesn't take a day to become a Kitsune spirit.