a sisters rage. 38

"A‌ ‌powerless,‌ ‌vulnerable‌ ‌ten‌ ‌year‌ ‌old‌ ‌child?‌ ‌Weak?‌ ‌Cousin,‌ ‌you‌ ‌don't‌ ‌know‌ ‌just‌ ‌how‌ ‌vicious,‌ ‌how‌ ‌savage,‌ ‌how‌ ‌spunky‌ ‌that‌ ‌little‌ ‌fiend‌ ‌was,‌ ‌he‌ ‌only‌ ‌pretends‌ ‌to‌ ‌be‌ ‌pathetic‌ ‌in‌ ‌front‌ ‌of‌ ‌you.‌ ‌I‌ ‌called‌ ‌for‌ ‌five‌ ‌to‌ ‌six‌ ‌guys‌ ‌and‌ ‌they‌ ‌couldn't‌ ‌catch‌ ‌the‌ ‌brat.‌ ‌He‌ ‌thrashed,‌ ‌bit‌ ‌them,‌ ‌and‌ ‌bloodied‌ ‌them.‌ ‌If‌ ‌he‌ ‌didn't‌ ‌anger‌ ‌me,‌ ‌why‌ ‌would‌ ‌I‌ ‌have‌ ‌dragged‌ ‌him‌ ‌behind‌ ‌the‌ ‌horse‌ ‌carriage?"‌ he asked wide eyed. Qi Ying stared at her brother, bewildered and horrified.

"Enough!‌ ‌Do‌ ‌you‌ ‌think‌ ‌what‌ ‌you've‌ ‌done‌ ‌is‌ ‌impressive?"‌ Xie Lian asked as he scolded Qi Rong. He won't change. He's a monster in a human body. I could see his face turning blue.

"Take‌ ‌Prince‌ ‌Xiao‌ ‌Jing‌ ‌away.‌ ‌Doctor,‌ ‌see‌ ‌to‌ ‌his‌ ‌arm.‌ ‌The‌ ‌golden‌ ‌carriage‌ ‌will‌ ‌be‌ ‌permanently‌ ‌confiscated.‌ ‌You‌ ‌are‌ ‌to‌ ‌be‌ ‌detained‌ ‌and‌ ‌reflect‌ ‌on‌ ‌your‌ ‌actions‌ ‌for‌ ‌a‌ ‌month‌ ‌without‌ ‌release."‌ ‌‌The‌ ‌guard‌ ‌behind‌ ‌him‌ ‌immediately‌ ‌acknowledged‌ ‌the‌ ‌order‌ ‌and‌ ‌moved‌ ‌forward‌ ‌to‌ ‌take‌ ‌Qi‌ ‌Rong.‌ ‌Feng‌ ‌Xin‌ ‌let‌ ‌go.‌ i know Qi Rong is going to try something to hurt Feng Xin. I readied my hand to do something.

"Take‌ ‌it,‌ ‌take‌ ‌it.‌ ‌I‌ ‌already‌ ‌knew‌ ‌today‌ ‌would've‌ ‌been‌ ‌the‌ ‌last‌ ‌time‌ ‌to‌ ‌drive‌ ‌it."‌ Qi Ring spat with anger.

"How are you, my brother?" Qi Ying asked. Even while sick, she still has the strength to argue with her brother. "Everyone would be better off if you would just shut up, leave everyone alone, and don't act like our father half the time!"

"..." I looked at Qi Ying. She was about to cry. I remember the story between Aunty and her husband. a bodyguard for Yung 'An. He beat and tortured both her and her children. She hates him, and she has come to me afraid of Qi Rong before. so hearing this isn't new.

"... It ‌Looks‌ ‌like‌ ‌with‌ ‌only‌ ‌a‌ ‌month‌ ‌of‌ ‌detention‌ ‌to‌ ‌reflect,‌ ‌he‌ ‌will‌ ‌still‌ ‌do‌ ‌this‌ ‌again‌ ‌next‌ ‌time.‌ ‌There‌ ‌needs‌ ‌to‌ ‌be‌ ‌stricter‌ ‌discipline."‌ Xie Lian spoke up trying to change the currant topic.

"..."‌ Qi Rong was just staring at his sister, with a face i couldn't describe. "Fine.‌ ‌Then‌ ‌I‌ ‌admit,‌ ‌this‌ ‌time‌ ‌it‌ ‌was‌ ‌my‌ ‌fault.‌ ‌No matter ‌how‌ ‌His‌ ‌Majesty‌ ‌punishes‌ ‌me,‌ ‌Qi‌ ‌Rong‌ ‌has‌ ‌no‌ ‌complaints."‌

"However,‌ ‌shouldn't‌ ‌Cousin‌ ‌Crown‌ ‌Can a prince's ‌servant‌ ‌also‌ ‌be‌ ‌punished?‌ ‌Uncle,‌ ‌auntie,‌ ‌my‌ ‌arm‌ ‌was‌ ‌broken‌ ‌by‌ ‌that‌ ‌Feng‌ ‌Xin!"‌ i looked to Qi Rong with a burning hatred in my eyes.

"Pyua-"

"You can't go a day without causing someone pain, can you?" Qi Ying stopped me from giving Pyua a directive. I looked at her with sorrow. "You damn well deserved to have your arm broken, and the longer you are locked away, the less I have to see our father in your outbursts!"

"..." I looked at Pyua. "Pyua, take Qi Ying to her room; she needs to be alone for a bit and some rest."

Pyua nodded and took the nearly-crying Qi Ying back to her room. I tried too breathe. But hearing her say that about her brother must hurt him more than anyone else in this room knows. I looked to Qi Rong. He just watched his sister leave with a pained expression. I held out my right elbow and angled my left arm forward. With a swift strike, there ‌was‌ ‌a‌ ‌large‌ ‌‌CRACK‌. ‌the‌ ‌crowd‌ ‌was‌ ‌startled‌ ‌and‌ ‌looked‌ ‌to‌ ‌the‌ ‌sound,‌ ‌and‌ ‌saw‌ ‌my ‌left ‌arm‌ ‌was‌ ‌dropped‌ ‌limply,‌ ‌exactly‌ ‌like‌ ‌Qi‌ ‌Rong's.‌ ‌

"Your‌ ‌Highness!"‌ ‌ ‌Feng Xin shrieked as he ran to me. I looked at Qi Rong the entire time. Feng Xin was about to bandage my arm. I patted his hand before placing my hand on the broken section of my arm. Using my power, I healed the broken arm with a silent crackling that was practically unnoticeable.

"Happy now, Qi Rong?" I asked, as my arm was completely "You can heal on your own since you enjoy others in pain so much."

"Mei Mei..."‌ mother looked to me, pain in her eyes seeing her only daughter willingly break her arm to keep another from doing so.

"It's fine, Mother."‌ i said with a small smile. father just stared. What emotion was attached? I have no idea. "I'm just doing what I can to stop this conflict at this point."

Qi Rong was taken away. Everyone looked at me for a while. Mu Qing walked to me and was about to reach for my hand when others outside began to shriek and call out.

"Wolf!" I looked up to the doorway. shoot! "There's a wolf in the palace!"

Scratching could be heard coming this way. Father left with a guard to check what the noise was when something leaped from each of the men's shoulders over his head and ran towards us. It was a rather small wolf. It's eyes were a bright shade of blue with tanned fur. It was almost smiling with it's tongue out. Around it's neck was a pink collar and a heart-shaped pendant dangling. It leaped up to Mu Qing's shoulders, leaping again to Feng Xin's shoulder, then reaching it's paws to my arms. I was quick to catch it before it hit the ground. I cradled the wolf in my arms as it set it's head on my elbow and had it's tail draped over my other elbow.

"Zuko!"‌ ‌i called out as he landed. I lifted his chin up to look me in the eye. "I told you to stay in the room!"‌

I looked at the others around me. I gave an awkward smile. No one was supposed to know about him. especially since I found him about two weeks before I turned thirteen and snuck out for the first time.