Chapter 1

When dinnertime rolled around, a lot had happened.

Piper had been given a knife that used to belong to Helen of Troy and could apparently see the future. She'd met Rachel, who was apparently an Oracle. An Oracle that almost killed her when she passed out inside Hera's cabin after getting a vision. Jason was told by Chiron that he should be dead. Leo had moved into the Hephaestus cabin after being claimed and he'd been given Beckendorf's bunk. Piper's vision had apparently told her that Hera was imprisoned and Annabeth wasn't too upset about that. And there was a bigger threat than Kronos that Chiron wouldn't talk about. And Annabeth had taken Jason to Cabin Fifteen, the cabin of Hypnos, to pass the time until Cressida arrived. The senior counsellor, Clovis had said that Jason's memories weren't lost, they were stolen. Jason had hoped that meant he didn't have to deal with the mysterious daughter of Dionysus, but Clovis had said to definitely check with her after he said only a god could have the power to do it.  

And yet, Cressida still hadn't shown up.

They were sitting at the campfire, fifty or sixty kids ready for the sing-along.

Piper spotted Jason in the front next to Annabeth. Leo was nearby, sitting with a bunch of burly-looking campers under a steel grey banner emblazoned with a hammer.

They sat through a song, before something happened that made the whole experience even more terrifying as the fire turned purple and shot at least ten metres high into the air.

Annabeth stood up as she scanned the sky, Chiron as well, as if they were waiting for something but neither seemed panicked. And then Piper saw it too, the patch of night that seemed to be moving, blocking out stars as it seemed to come closer.

It was a horse. A beautiful horse that was dark as night, with massive bird-like wings. A pegasus. And you could feel the force that it landed with before it reared up, letting out a neigh as its wings stretched out.

And only when it tucked its wings back in and landed back on all fours, did they pay attention to the rider.

It was the intimidating girl from the rainbow message before as she smirked on the back of the pegasus, her eyes the same colour as the fire as she slid off its back. Piper watched as she pressed her forehead to the pegasus' nose, seeming to speak to it before she kissed it and it flew back off into the night. The girl then spun on her heels as she smirked at the crowd.

"What? No hello for your Camp Leader?"

Annabeth was the one to put her hands on her hips. "You're late."

"Fashionably so."

"Must you always be so dramatic?"

"Hello, daughter of the god of theatre? And since you're the daughter of the goddess of wisdom I'm going to imagine that was a rhetorical question."

Annabeth broke into a smile as she jogged over to her, and the two girls hugged before Rachel went up to join them. Chiron eventually trotted up as well.

"Welcome home, Miss Lynn," he said, and she nodded her head.

"Alright. Where is he?" Cressida asked.

"Uh, perhaps we should-"

"He's over here," Annabeth said as she cut off Chiron and led Cressida over to Jason, everyone watching intensely. "Jason, this is Cressida Lynn. Cress, this is Jason."

"Uh, hi," Jason said nervously as he stood, and she didn't say anything as she studied every inch of his face.

"What did Clovis say?" she asked.

"Uh-"

"They weren't lost, they were taken. And only a god would have that power," Annabeth answered, and that was who Cressida was actually talking to.