The Sun and the Star - Part One

(A/N: Expect slow updates for this one because I haven't finished the book yet, but I hope you enjoy. XxD)

*****************************************************************

Nico didn't call or text or email or radio or Iris Message. Honestly, he shouldn't have been surprised when there was a sword pointed at his neck.

"Gods of Olympus, Nico! What the Hades are you doing here?!" Cressida snapped as she lowered her sword and both she and Percy let their adrenaline come down at the realisation that there was no threat.

Percy's hair was dishevelled and he wore only a pair of sweatpants as his chest rose up and down and Nico had to force himself to look away.

Cressida wasn't in any better of a state. She wore an oversized NYU t-shirt and black boyfriend shorts, her hair slightly messy but mostly because Percy had been sleeping with his face buried in it.

"Sorry," he said as he cleared his throat. "But I need your help, Cress."

Her drakon-bone sword vanished from her hand as she pushed some of the loose strands from her face and Percy flopped back on the bed, his arms curling around his pillow as his arm with Cressida's nickname tattooed on it flexed. "Wake me up when it's time for breakfast," he murmured sleepily.

The couple had moved in together in a rented apartment as they completed the last legs of their degrees at New Rome University. And it was to this apartment that Nico had shadow-travelled him and his boyfriend to because if she couldn't help him, then he was left with one option that he really didn't want to resort to.

Cressida wasn't having it as the 20-year-old woman yanked the pillow out from under her partner and smacked him with it.

"Don't be a lazy ass, Jackass," she said. "Our friend needs help, get up."

Percy groaned, now on his back as he rubbed an eye. "He needed your help Wine, Vine. Not mine."

"And how would you know?"

"What did you need help with? Specifically Cress's help," Percy asked as they both turned to him and Nico became very nervous to be put in the middle, which was something Cressida sensed and put an end to as she whacked Percy with the pillow again. "Would you give it a rest?!"

"I apologise on his behalf," Cressida said. "He's not a morning person."

"Because you're such a ball of sunshine?!"

Percy was ignored as Cressida said, "What's up Nico?"

"Well, uh, to put it simply...Will thinks I'm losing my mind."

"What?!" the three other demigods exclaimed, Percy a little more awake now as he sat up.

"Nico, that's not what I said," Will said.

"Well, how else did you say it?"

Will rolled his eyes as he sighed and turned to Cressida. "Nico has been having nightmares on and off for the last six months. Nightmares so bad that I could hear him screaming from my cabin. And he doesn't want to ask Mr D for help."

"I wonder why," Percy scoffed but it wasn't malicious, it was more amusing like he was talking about an old friend.

"Oh my gods, I will dump you so hard -"

Percy just laughed. "As if that threat has any merit."

"Watch it, Captain Nemo," she warned before her annoyance was replaced with a smile as she looked at Nico and took a deep breath. "Ok," she said. "First things first, making sure that you are ok, at least sanity-wise."