Trials of Apollo - Part Four

"Jewel."

"Gods above! Papa! You're going to give me a heart attack," Cressida breathed as she stood in Sally's kitchen and the Iris message appeared.

"My apologies Jewel, but I believe I'm owed one in return."

Cressida blinked as she went back to her task of pouring various liquids into the same glass. "Papa, what could I have possibly done that warrants an apology? It's only been a couple of weeks since I last saw you."

"Then why was I told that you and that Jackson boy of yours were on the western border and didn't even bother to come in a say hello?"

Cressida smiled as she put away some things back into the fridge as she picked up a spoon. "Oh, so I take it Meg and Apollo reached camp safely?"

"Indeed," Dionysus said.

"So, shouldn't you be thanking me for delivering to you a godly relative of yours in human form?"

Her father angled his head at his daughter as he contemplated her words before an amused smirk glittered his face. "Perhaps, but I still believe an apology is in order. I feel like I never see you anymore. You've left me by my lonesome in this dreaded camp will these dull demigods. You and your brother."

Cressida laughed something musical as she began stirring the orange mixture before putting the spoon into the sink and picking up the glass. "I'm sorry for not seeing you more often Papa, I'm a bit busy trying to live the life you wanted me to live."

"It could use some work, but I'll diligently accept your apology, Jewel."

"Thank you for your noble sacrifice, Papa," she said sarcastically.

"You are most welcome. So," he continued, "when can I expect to see you again? Even if you must bring Poseidon's spawn with you."

"Don't act as if you don't love Percy for everything he's done to take care of me, Papa," she said with narrowed eyes as she began to walk through the apartment. "And, depending on how he feels, we might stop by this weekend."

"Elaborate," he ordered his voice deep at the thought of Percy potentially being in charge of the decision to come to camp but he knew better than to protest it without all the answers as she rolled her eyes and she walked into Percy's room.

"The whole reason why we made it to the west border and turned around was because we were being chased by nosoi. Percy almost inhaled one. I saved him as usual, but he has a head cold. He's sick. So, if he feels better, then yes, you will see me this weekend, Papa. I promise."

The god sighed heavily through his nose. "I suppose I must root for the sea spawn's recovery if I wish to see you."

"Yes, Papa," she smirked. "Percy must be back to full health by the weekend should you wish to be blessed with the presence of your only daughter."

"I will pray to Zeus but that is as far as my desire for his recovery goes."

Cressida narrowed her eyes at her father's rainbow image. "Papa, I am your daughter. That means that I take after you in more ways than one and that also means that I can tell when you're lying to me. So again I say, don't act as if you don't approve of my choice in men."

Dionysus waved her off. "Just hurry up and nurse your sea spawn back to health so I can see you again."

"I love you too, Papa."

"I suppose I care for you as well, Jewel."

"I'll take what I can get. Bye, Papa," she said as she blew him a kiss and the Iris message faded as Cressida finished her journey and sat at Percy's bedside just as he jerked awake as if he'd scared himself awake from a nightmare.