Chapter 55

(A/N: Some of you guessed this a while ago. Good guess. XxD)

******************************************************************

The Titan was ten feet tall, with wild silver Einstein hair, pure silver eyes, and muscular arms protruding from a ripped-up blue janitor's uniform. In his hand was a massive push broom. His name tag, incredibly, read BOB.

The empousai that had been draining Percy of his blood lunged with the speed of a tiger, but she never stood a chance. A spearhead jutted from the end of Bob's broom. With a single deadly swipe, he cut her to dust.

"SWEEP!" The Titan grinned with delight and did a victory dance. "Sweep, sweep, sweep!"

And while Percy couldn't speak because he couldn't believe something like that just happened, a burst of gold light cut through the darkness and a sword cut through Kelli as she turned into dust and Cressida's eyes widened at the sight of her saviour.

"Castor?"

Her voice was so soft as if she didn't dare believe what she was seeing as the human shape rose to his full height, his sword still in his hand. He looked almost exactly as they'd seen him last, dressed in a camp t-shirt, jeans and sneakers as his blue eyes glittered and his lips stretched into a smile. A smile that was as bright as the silvery, ghostly aura that encased him.

"Hey, Cressie," he said casually, and she let out a relieved sob as she shot up to her feet and into his arms, not even caring about how much pain she was in. She couldn't believe she was seeing her brother right now.

"H-how...?" she stammered as Castor laughed as he kissed her hair and pulled away to look at her.

"Percy called me!" the janitor said happily. "Yes, he did."

Cressida seemed a little apprehensive of the Titan, but her brother just wrapped his arm around her. "Don't worry. Bob's a friend. He came and got me when he heard Percy calling."

And all the joy drained away from Cressida's face. "Castor, you're a spirit. You can't be down here! You'll be stuck and -"

"Owie," Bob interrupted as he saw Cressida's wounds, Castor still with a hand on her back as the Titan reached for her arm.

Percy remembered when he first met Bob. The Titan had healed a bad wound on Percy's shoulder just by touching it. Sure enough, the janitor tapped her forearm and it mended instantly.

Bob chuckled, pleased with himself, then bounded over to Percy and healed his bleeding neck and arm. The Titan's hands were surprisingly warm and gentle.

"All better!" Bob declared, his eerie silver eyes crinkling with pleasure. "I am Bob, Percy and Castor's friend!"

Castor chuckled. "Yeah, you are, Big Guy. And as for the whole spirit thing," Castor said before his sword shrunk into a smooth bronze ring that sat on his pointer finger. He showed the skull that was imprinted on his forearm. "The Mark of Hades. It keeps me tethered to him so that when I'm ready, I can return to Elysium. He also had a message for you both," he revealed as Bob helped Percy to his feet. "I'm his thank you for saving his son."

Percy just grinned. "Either way, it's good to see you, man," he said before the two of them clapped each other in a bro hug. "It's good to see both of you," he said to Bob as they pulled away.

"Yes!" the janitor agreed. "Bob. That's me. Bob, Bob, Bob." He shuffled around, obviously pleased with his name. "I am helping. I heard my name. Upstairs in Hades's palace, nobody calls for Bob unless there is a mess. Bob, sweep up these bones. Bob, mop up these tortured souls. Bob, a zombie exploded in the dining room, except Castor. He is nice. We eat grapes. Bob eats grapes with Little Guy."

Cressida gave her brother a strange look, but he was still smiling.

"Then I heard my friend call!" The Titan beamed. "Percy said, Bob!"

"That's awesome. Seriously," Percy said. "But how did -"

"Oh, time to talk later." Bob's expression turned serious. "We must go before they find you. They are coming. Yes, indeed."

"They?" Cressida asked.

They scanned the horizon but saw no approaching monsters.

"Don't worry, sis," Castor said casually. "We'll get the two of you to the Doors."

And Cressida looked like she was going to cry again as she hugged him.

"Yes," Bob agreed. "But Bob knows a way. Come on, friends! We will have fun!"

And they ventured through Tartarus with their new escorts.