Trials of Apollo - Part Eight

Unfortunately, Cressida and Percy had to leave just after dinner. They'd IM'ed Sally Jackson just to tell her that they'd probably be staying the night and coming home in the morning, but it was Paul that answered. Sally had high blood pressure and had been put on bed rest for a few weeks until it came down.

Apollo expected a moving one-on-one farewell from the couple where he could give him advice about being a hero, test taking and living life in general, but they paid him no mind as they said goodbye to Leo and Calypso.

It had seemed that the four of them had come to an understanding. Percy and Leo embraced as the two girls spoke before they shook hands and hugged. Cressida then squeezed Leo into a hug along with another warning about what would happen to him if he did something like that again. Leo had laughed before saying that he'd try his best. She'd then kissed his cheek, as Calypso had done to Percy (and he would just like it to be on the record that while the kiss was nice, it was still nothing compared to his girlfriend's kisses).

Cressida also kissed her father's cheek before she took her boyfriend's hand and they waded into Long Island Sound with Mrs O'Leary at their side before they all disappeared underwater.

And while no one knew how Cressida and the hellhound could possibly breathe underwater, no one seemed concerned. Apparently, dramatic entrances and exits were on par for the two of them.

But little did they know, the next time Apollo would see Percy Jackson and Cressida Lynn was in many months' time. And several things happened across thsse months.

Such as Cressida inviting several of her friends to shop for a dress for Percy's prom.

Annabeth, Piper, Hazel and even Thalia had shown up as they went from store to store looking for the perfect dress. Sally would've come, but she'd just given birth to a healthy newborn baby girl.

Little Estelle Blofis was perfection personified. She had Percy's eyes and wisps of black and silver hair. She was just perfect.

Sally couldn't come, but Cressida promised to take lots of pictures and Annabeth said she could Skype Sally from her phone so she could see the dress. She explained that Skype was like an Iris Message but without the rainbow.

Now, normally, Cressida wouldn't give a damn what Percy wanted her to wear, but purple was her best colour, and she kind of wanted to see just how far she could make his jaw drop. Moreover, it became sort of a competition. How long would it take Percy to function again once he saw Cressida in her dress?

They were in their third store when Annabeth and Piper presented her with the dress.

It was this gorgeous deep shade of purple that fit her like a glove. The strapless gown had a beaded corset bodice and a mid-thigh slit. And the store that they bought it from just happened to have the perfect pair of silver heels to go with it.

Percy had been warned and threatened to not go near his mother's closet because that was where the dress in its white cover was hidden because they didn't trust him not to look at it.

And the curiosity was indeed killing him.

But it was definitely worth the wait.

Because come prom night, Piper and Annabeth had locked themselves in Sally's room with Sally and Cressida as they helped her with her hair and makeup.

Paul was left to babysit and help Percy tie the tie of the tuxedo that he'd gotten for the occasion.

And when Cressida came out, let's just say that Thalia won the bet.

Seventeen minutes.

Percy simply stood with his jaw dropped as Cressida walked out in a purple dress, her hair in beachy waves down her left shoulder and her nails shaped like ovals and coloured the same shade as her dress. Her eyes were lined with a black shadow and liner that made her indigo eyes pop and she was just...