1*

*Mental Health and Anorexia mentioned*

-Madelyn Cline-

One Winter Friday, I was on the opening shift with my best friend Emma. We worked at a hair salon in Manchester, Emma checked our appointments for the day while I was setting up 2 stations that we were going to work at.

The first appointment we had was for 5 boys and they booked out the whole salon which was weird, I went to the storage room to find some hair dye when I heard a commotion from the waiting room. The next minute Emma comes into the storage room freaking out, "Madelyn, you'll never guess who's here,"

"Who,"

"One Direction," Emma answered, looking as if she was going to faint.

I didn't know if she was serious because she had done this before "Are you serious,"

"Would I lie about this, they are my favourite band in the whole world," she answered.

Now that I knew she was being serious I decided to take charge, "I'll go out and get started while you have a minute to gather yourself,"

She nodded in reply, I headed to the waiting room and almost fainted myself, "Hey boys, My name is Maddie and my co-worker's name is Emma if she hasn't told you,"

All five boys stood up and introduced themselves, even though I already knew their names because Emma talks about them all the time, "Hey Maddie, my name is Liam,"

Hey, my name is Louis,"

'Hi, my name is Niall,"

"Hey my name is Zayn

"Hi Maddie, my name is Harry,"

"It's nice to meet you guys so why don't we start with Niall and Louis," I replied.

The two boys followed me to the main part of the salon where Emma stood, The boys sat in the chairs as Em and I trimmed their hair and talked to them. I sent them out to get Liam and Zayn and did the same thing with them, sending them out to get Harry as well. He came in with his long hair tucked behind his shoulders and sat in my chair, since Emma had nothing to do she went out to the waiting room.

"So what is Maddie short for," Harry said out of nowhere as I started to trim his long hair.

"Madelyn if that's what you mean," I replied.

I then remembered Emma telling me that One Direction had a new album that came out yesterday, "So do you and the boys have anything planned for the new album,"

"I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to say this to you but you seem like a trusting person, after a couple of shows in Manchester we are going on a 7-month world tour," He replied.

I tried not to blush while talking to him because he was looking at me in the mirror, "That sounds amazing, I'd love to travel one day,"

'Random question but do you by chance sing or play an instrument," He said out of the blue.

"Umm... I sing and I'm learning the guitar from Emma who can play well," I replied.

I then noticed how green his eyes were, and how he had dimples when he smiled, " Why don't you sing a little for me,"

I stopped trimming his hair for a second to sing a section of 'Story of My Life,' I looked back at his face in the mirror once I finished and he somehow looked cuter than before, "That was so good Maddie, your voice is so pretty and that part sounded better on you than it did when the boys and I sung it,"

"Thank you so much but it probably sounded better on you guys since your world-famous singers and I'm just a girl from Manchester," I replied finishing one of his many layers of curly hair.