23

-Harry Styles-

-Harry Styles-

Simon let us have 2 months off but he wasn't happy about it, if we went on break then we would have to work harder than ever. It has been a week since she passed and we had the funeral today, Gem offered to drive me while I perfected my speech and read it to her for the first time.

I wish the two-hour drive from Holmes Chapel to Manchester was longer but we ended up outside the venue in what seemed like two seconds. Once out of the car I spotted Adam, Alexa and Sophie.

"Harry," Sophie called.

"Yeah, I hope it's okay that I wore this suit, I know that funeral dress codes are normally black but Maddie loved this suit so it's in memory of her,"

"It's okay Harry, we're just so grateful you're here," Alexa responded.

"Hey, curly," 

I looked around to see Niall, Liam and Louis, standing there behind me. I wasn't even in the service yet and I felt like crying, the seven of us headed into the venue and it was beautiful, the arrangements of flowers, the beautiful pictures of her and one of her and me by her casket.

The service was emotional, everyone was crying. It was my turn to speak and I made sure that I didn't take advantage of it.

"Hey guys, I'm Harry, Madelyn's boyfriend. I've been to a handful of funerals in my life and every time many people do a speech they always talk about the same thing but I promise that I won't do that. Maddie was the most amazing person I've met, I know you're thinking that isn't true since I've probably met many famous people but she was the first person that I felt connected to on a personal level,"

"Before she went on tour she promised her mum, Alexa that she would be back in 7 months. Ever since the night she passed, I've thought about that promise and it hurts. Maddie brought out the best of me, of all of us and I could see that, with Sophie, Emma, Liam, Louis, Niall, Zayn, Alexa, Adam and hundreds of more people,"

"She was so beautiful, stunning even, but she didn't let looks affect how she treated people or took advantage of me for my fame. All she wanted was to be in the moment, she always loved sunsets and I want everyone to think of her at every sunset. Sure she isn't here with us physically but she is here in the little things, Sophie's laugh, Alexa's eyes, Adam's smile, Emma's personality, my gratitude and many more things but I won't list them all,"

"I try not to regret things but she was the one thing that I regret. I regret talking to her the way I did the last night I could ever talk to her, I wish I could have gone back in time with the knowledge I have now and I would savour every moment with her like it was our last, knowing it was our last. One thing I told her when she was in a dark place was 'We'll Be Alright,' Sophie did the same, I just wanted everyone to know that it will be alright and grief doesn't make us lonely, it makes us human,"

Everyone was in so much emotion, I didn't even notice tears rolling off my cheeks, I felt nothing, emotionless. It came to the final goodbye, and everyone went through and went off with tears, I was a couple of people behind Sophie but when she approached to casket she completely broke down in tears, I had this feeling and skipped the people in front of me to comfort her.

She cried into my chest, the same way Maddie used to. I stood there until she was ready to walk away. When it was my turn I savoured every moment because it would be our last, once I walked out of the venue I found Sophie sitting on a bench, "Sophie, you alright,"

"I don't know if there is a valid emotion I should be feeling at the moment. Your speech was amazing, truly incredible and I just can't believe she's gone,"

"Maddie was the only thing keeping me happy during the band and now I don't know what to do," I replied.

"My parents had a funeral plan for Maddie since she was about 15, she was so actively suicidal and constantly in the hospital because of her anorexia that they just didn't think she would make it past 15, Maddie didn't know about this since she was so lost"

"I was like a glass child, I was scared to become an only child over something that was taking over my sweet innocent little sister. I should have told you what was going on, Maddie and I used to call and I noticed that she was starting to not be herself anymore and I wish I had told you,"

My heart smashed, it was like rubbing salt in an open wound. Alexa and Adam had a funeral planned for Maddie since she was as young as 15, Sophie was a glass child and now she's an only child.

"As much as I am shocked I feel like I let you down with the way I talked to her before she died, it was my fault and I will never forgive myself for that,"

She pulled me into an embrace, she was holding on tight like she didn't want to lose me. My eyes were stinging at this point because of how many tears I'd shed, that was the first good hug I had since Maddie was alive.

"We're sorry to interrupt anything but Harry, you can come have dinner with us tonight if you want," Alexa suggested.

"I would have loved to but my sister Gemma is waiting for me and I have some things I need to do tonight,"

"Thats okay, you're welcome to our house anytime Harry,"

I appreciated the offer and met Gemma in the parking lot, she had some shopping bags scattered in the back seat, indicating how she spent the last couple of hours, "Hey H, how'd it go, did you want to do anything while still being in Manchester,"

"It went okay, I just want to go home,"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

it feels so awkward putting an A/N here but I had to put one in here soon. The last few chapters have been crazy but now the chapters a slowing down but my writing has been speeding up so you might be getting more parts more frequently. (Also sorry about the short chapter)

I don't have anything else to say,

Stay safe and mentally well,

-M