20*

*Starving and Fainting and Simon Cowell mentioned*

-Harry Styles- 

I woke up a couple of times during the night to her stirring, probably because of a bad dream, I would rub circles with my thumb on her back and she would calm down.

Maddie and I woke up to a sudden commotion from outside our bedroom, she got up and tied her hair up into a messy bun, away from her neck. I got out of bed as well and we ventured out into the hallway where Niall and Louis were using a mattress to slide down the stairs.

They stopped what they were doing the second they noticed my presence, they looked at her and their mouths flew open, "Maddie what is up with your neck," 

"If you've ever been strangled before like I have, then you get abrasions and bruises on the neck like I did," She replied. Liam and Zayn came out because of the racket that the other boys were making as well, they looked at her and were about to ask the same question but she cut them off.

"If you're asking about my neck, it's because of when Max strangled me,". there was a lot of awkward silence between the six of us, I had just remembered the meeting, "We have a meeting today with Simon which means either me and Louis or all of us are in deep shit from last night,"

Niall and Zayn rolled their eyes, Louis swore under her breath, Liam already knew and Maddie was looking at me, she didn't know. She must think that it'll be about her, Maddie pulled me back into our room and closed the door, "You didn't tell me anything about a meeting, Harry, "

"I only heard last night from Liam, don't think that it will be your fault," I answered. She had that look in her eyes, that look that she didn't believe me, "But it will be, I was the one getting strangled which made Louis punch the guy and I don't know how you'll be roped into this but you will and I don't want to be the problem for this mess,"

"If he tries to have a go at you then I'll stand in,"

"Thank you but this time I don't need someone to fight my battles," She replied. She was mad now and all I could do was let her be alone so she could calm down. I put on some clothes and went back out of the room, to the boys in the same place as before Maddie and I left, "Is she pissed off, " Louis blurted out amongst the silence.

"Pretty much, she thinks this meeting will have Simon yelling at her about something that was out of her control and now she is mad at me,"

"Are you sure she isn't on her period or something, even though I don't see Lottie that much, she is a menace on hers,"

"I don't know though, she hasn't been telling me stuff and I've been getting worried since last night," I replied.

"Maybe just give her some space, she just might need a little bit of time to process things," Zayn suggested.

I decided that Zayn's option was the best one, she has had one of the most surprising 24 hours possibly ever and I think interfering will be a bad thing.  When I walked back into my room the tension was filled to the brim, Maddie had just tied her hair in a high ponytail and was starting to do her makeup.

She had lost a lot of weight over the last few weeks, I had noticed and wanted to talk about it to her but it's one of those sensitive topics and I didn't want to offend her since she has anorexia. I honestly couldn't tell if she was ready to talk or not, she had mixed body language so I decided to take a shot in the dark and try to talk to her, "Are you going to come down to breakfast, Angel," 

"I'm not hungry," she answered, giving me the cold shoulder. She was still angry and I only had one other option to ask, "Look, I don't want to invade but if you're angry then you can talk to me, remember what I said in the cafe,"