7*

A/N: rewritten chapter

*Trigger warning, Simon Cowell is in a little part of this chapter*

- Madelyn Cline -

The boys and I left the hotel around 2:00 pm for soundcheck, We pulled up and went inside to get microphones and in-ears, we got to the stage and looked at the setlist for tonight.

Live While Were Young

Dianna

What Makes You Beautiful

Fireproof

Steal My Girl

Story Of My Life

Little Things

Moments

One Thing

Kiss You

Night Changes

Right Now

"What song do you want to soundcheck first," Zayn asked us.

"Fireproof," Liam suggested.

"What about Dianna," Niall suggested.

"Night Changes," Harry suggested.

"Story Of My Life," Louis Suggested also.

"Maddie, do you have a suggestion," Zayn asked.

"Maybe Right Now but you don't have to pick it," I replied.

"Why don't we do Rock, Paper, scissors (paper, scissors, rock) to see who picks it and I pick Steal My Girl for mine," Zayn replied.

We all stood in a circle, we did the first round, and Louis was out. In the second round, Zayn was out. The third round happened and Niall was out and it was just Liam, Harry and me, fourth round Harry was out.

"So what song are we fighting for,"

"I'm doing Fireproof and Maddie is doing Right now,"

It was the last round and Liam was out so the song that we were rehearsing was Right Now, "Aww Payno you lost to Maddie, You always used to win but not anymore," Louis teased.

"You guys don't have to do my song if you don't want to,"

"No Maddie, you won so we will do "Right now," and since we can soundcheck two more we can do Fireproof for Liam since he got second and Night Changes for me since I got third so everyone let's get set up on our mics," Harry answered quickly what I said.

"Hey, just because you aren't contracted to be officially in the band doesn't mean you don't have the same level of opinion as the rest of the boys and I do,"

I gave him a warm smile as thanks to what he said, we got set up and the music started playing in our in-ears but something was wrong. My sound kept cutting in and out and since that was happening, my music completely cut out when it was my cue for my part. When Harry looked at me when I missed my part, he noticed I had a frustrated look.

"What's wrong Maddie, you look frustrated," Harry asked me.

"Yeah, I am, since the music started playing it was cutting in and out and then when it was my part it completely cut off so that's why I missed my part,"

"This happened a lot with our In-ears so can I take a look at your mic pack," Harry asked.

"Sure,"

My mic pack was clipped to the back of my pants, and a cord went from the mic pack to the in-ears under my shirt. Harry knelt, played with some knobs and asked the band guys to play the intro to Right Now to see if it would work.