5- {We don't Trust}

Arson was face to a wall, once again.

He was here to help, that was literally his job. The sole reason he was here, to begin with. Regardless, as soon as they saw his tail, they had already cast him aside as an outcast.

Yes, he was a foreigner to this land.

He wasn't born in it, no demons were. Though, the endless cycle continued.

To nominate one, the wolf behind him didn't have an ounce of trust toward him.

He was only following orders and the same persons who gave those orders had enough influence to demand him to stay without any objections.

Although, he did not care for the wolf's glares clawing at his back.

He was in his mother's arms, relieving all his worries and fears in her warm embrace, in his safe place. That's the reason he lived until now.

When he was done wishing her good night, he begins to march under the exact moon he accompanied the succubus to her cell.

He didn't trade a single peek to the beta, his tall and slim figure roaming in the halls of history sculpted on the stone. His tail was warm, yet felt constrained in the onesie.

It was better to pretend that he was cold than confess that he had previously endeavored a favorable answer to his pleas to stay from his dear mother. His plan failed.

" The alphas solicited that you get accustomed to your new surroundings. Tomorrow at eight sharp, the head maid will give you a tour of the castle. " The beta spoke.

Regal words came out of his rough mouthpiece. Surprising Arson- he didn't think he could get rid of his accent so easily.

" No need really, I will exclusively be going to one place in this palace and it will be the infirmary wing. I presume that the patient won't be authorized to leave her quarters any time soon so-"

" It wasn't a request, demon. " Here we go again. The beta spun on his heels, a distorted face reaching anger, not yet at least.

" I do not need an order from you nor your kings. They are not the ones who will be filling my paychecks, I simply respect the heads of this house enough to not seek any... situations. that is all. " Ceraëas grow on his talons, the retort flying above his head.

" As you clearly stated, the heads of this house had mandated you to a quest. Fulfill it as you must, do not forget which house you are shielding under. " Arson watched him, unimpressed.

He wondered why he even tried... He walked past the fuming beta without a care in the world.

" I will stay in my room for the entirety of tomorrow morning. Pass the word to your heads and tell them to think twice before disturbing me. "

Just like that, the matter had become an insignificant quarrel. Ceraëas then realized what he had done, again.

" Demon... " His tongue recited, he felt great shame and remorse for his abrupt actions, as the skull after the crown, he should have set an example to other wolfs.

Nonetheless, his idiotic tongue had to swim in the wrong waters again and insulted the guest, his future Luna at that.

He will admit, this was his usual way to operate with troublesome guests or pack members. However, the incubus had done nothing wrong and there he was... running his mouth right in front of his victim's face.