8- {Manners Are The Beginning}

" Would you like a piece of cake? " Her head turns away from the window to face me. A disgusted expression on her face.

He did not expect her to be so repulsed by the cake. Not in that matter at least.

" Is that your trophy? Cake?" He blinked in confusion. " You know, fucking one werewolf is already hard but you manage to get two and you are only receiving cake as a tribute?" Maracissa sighed, disappointment written on her face.

How could such a child settle down for cake? She wondered.

Was this a hidden message? As in 'Let's continue but can we stay friends?'. She was ashamed to even call the child a demon now because a proper demon would have gotten a way better trophy than this.

Arson tilts his head and merely observed the succubus as she thought hard about this more than she should. " So you want cake or not? "

She accepts reluctantly, often glancing up from the porcelain plate as if to catch any sign of despair on Arson's face.

A child so young, it's tough to get the award that he deserves. They probably promised him something as silly as love or becoming their concubine.

Oh, such a poor child!

She wiped her invisible tears from her cheek, forcing herself to ingest the sweet. " Arson, I understand you—"

A vein popped on Arson's head, " Shut up and eat the goddamned cake. " That surprised her but she gladly quiet down and enjoyed the cake.

" I felt like eating cake this morning and thought that I could share some with you. " He sighed after finishing his entire dish.

He wanted more than a slice, that's for sure but he knew his stomach couldn't endure more normal food. " You remember when one of the kings suggests that we should visit the village down the mountain? "

Maracissa nodded, yet she did not look too happy about where the conversation was going. Since day one, she wanted to lay low until she had completely recovered but that was an impossible task now.

The problem she had was related to her mental, she had already recovered physically. "...Would that be alright with you?"

She blinked, realizing quickly that she had been out for the most part of the conversation. " I'm sorry, what did you say? "

Arson tilts his head to the other side, silent for a few seconds. He steps to sit beside her bed, a solemn complexion framing his features.

Playing with the flesh of his hand, he waits until she got comfortable enough to hear what his dad says.

" Is it already the day? " He nodded.

" I think that going out and a change of scenery would be good for you but also, it's a good way for me to communicate with the outside world. " He muttered the last sentence, his voice sounded lost and profound.

" What I meant by that is... You know that I own a farm very far from here, right? " He peeked up at her and she bobbed her head, a sign for him to continue.

" Well, this farm is where I get my supplies. If you know what I mean... Having that said, I am not exactly ashamed of my selective diet but in your situation, I understand that having another difference to be criticized for is something that you definitely don't want to experience. "