16 - { Crazy Named Peace }

" You need more time? " A frown constructed on Arson's face as he pressed his lips into a thin line.

So many things happened to him so far and yet, he couldn't form a proper opinion of this place.

Most residents likely despise his mere existence, outweighing their tolerance to not let out that they hate his guts straight to his face.

Let's not forget that when he accepted the job, his main motivation was to spend more time with his mother. He was now feeling confused and uncertain of what he truly wanted.

Although not everyone was a jerk, the Incubus's unwavering self-control made them more fearless of the consequences.

His mother was miles away up on a mountain freezing her ass and her blood to solve the mystery of the century and people were just... people.

His perfect plan just drowned without even seeing the light of day.

Lucinth detected a sorrow in her little arsonist's voice. Her young fire addict had obviously conspired to undertake this mission solely to be with her.

She was aware of this, and even though she wanted the same thing. She had to pack this all up and her vampire companion was of no help in her investigation.

" Little flame, " She called. " I understand how you may feel but mommy will be back with you in another three months. '' She paused and sighed. " I promise. "

Arson stayed quiet and closed his eyes to not let his tears run. He had to pretend to be strong in front of his mother. " Baby flame, I'm really sorry. You know that right?... "

She fidgets on the other side of the flame. Not quite knowing how to proceed, she tried to change the subject. " How  about you tell me about your patients? "

He dropped his gaze to his hands, " Patient one is coming to a new stage in her recovery, and she is getting back to a normal state of mind step by step. I'm more worried about patient two, but he's breathing so... " He tried to sound professional and reveal as little information as he could.

" That's it, baby. I'm so proud of you. Now, have you been eating enough? " He froze on that question.

Should he? It's a bit embarrassing to admit what he has been consuming these past few days.

Lucinth blinked and chuckled when she caught on the meaning of this nervous silence. " You know if you're uncomfortable telling me..." She pauses and reconsiders what was she going to say.

He was an adult now so he should be able to hold that kind of conversation with her and discuss more sensible subjects.

Yet, he always had been a bit of a prude child and was worse as a teenager. " My little flamethrower, all of this is perfectly normal? "

He blushed and chuckled under his breath at the odd nickname she gave him. " Remember when I told you that no one's opinion, even mine, counts when it is about your life or anything that you hold dear? "

He nodded, knowing exactly where this was going.

" Well, can I share my opinion with you on that decision?" He inhaled sharply but nodded, nonetheless.

" Well, I think what you did is very bold. It isn't exactly an encouraging thing for you to trust people even a little bit and I know that in your little head, you've probably already planned millions of escape routes to get out of this deal safely but I'm proud of you anyway. You should never be afraid of having basic needs and satisfy them with the consent of both parties. "

Arson played with the skin of his joints of fingers. He didn't know what to say but as usual, he felt a little bashful of receiving praise from his mother. " Madame Lucinth! "