15- { Consider The Enemy }

In this fucked up universe of possibilities there is always an act of kindness that was done with evil intent...

" What do you mean by reunion? I'm perfectly fine with the way we have been doing this whole responsibility thing. I do the work you gave me and you pass them along in those boring meetings of yours. "

Ceraëas couldn't believe what he was asking as well. It initially was his plan to lift his responsibilities and take a break from time to time like his alphas ordered but he didn't know that would have come to ask the lad to partake in this farce.

Sure the demon has quickly gotten accustomed to his role of future queen and performs his duties. Well, the paperwork part that is.

Yet, the idea that he would meet the other high ranks... That thought tickled him.

Arson, on the other hand, hated meetings and wanted to avoid them like the plague.

The funny thing was every morning he would taunt Ciel's shitty face when he had to prepare for those excruciating business reunions with other supernatural leaders while comforting the needy Cal who always cried buckets before bidding him goodbye.

Accepting to go to those conferences will be like shooting himself in the legs.

Yet, those mornings became less uncomfortable as time passed by but of course, he didn't sleep with them every night. He was slowly getting used to their presence after all.

Taking it slow was the key.

" Before you are crowned, you have to meet the officials— "

" Crowned? " Arson didn't think highly of the word. Which in his head was a synonym of staying. " Who said I wanted to be crowned? I am doing you an act of charity and I'm helping you because you asked me. "

Ceraëas was struck. What could bring more honor to someone like Arson to become queen? Who would say no to a throne and loving mates? Does sluts dream of something else than dildos?

Arson smirked at him, " I love the face you're giving me right now. It's like I crushed your world and you learning a new universal rule... Keep doing that, it won't be the last time your face moves like that. "

Arson was feeling humourous today. This morning he had to drag Marracissa out of bed to interact with the wolf.

This woman couldn't get out of her precious bed without a fight. It was like she was glued to it by some invisible lazy force.

Afterward, they had to wait for the wolf to make his grand entrance. They had to wait at least two hours and Maracissa even threatened to roll back to her bed when Arson said if she wanted to leave, he wasn't going to lift her back in her wheelchair.

Why was she on the ground to begin with, you ask?

Because they wanted to hide under a bush but the wheelchair would give away their location.

Which honestly was stupid.

The wheelchair was just moved two meters away behind in plain sight. Visible to the guards who questioned them after catching them in their more than suspicious spot.