11- {Aplogize But don't Expect A Pardon}

Arson definitely did not feel good, now.

Tired from fidgeting nervously in his seat. He gazes up from his stacked desk, and the beta sighed. " I'm... I'm sorry. "

No. It wasn't an apology toward Arson, this much regret was directed to the king's mate, the royal consort like all the servants of this house like to call him.

All of this, was very clear to Arson, " No, you're not. You meant every little thing you said, " He breathed in. " but... " Although it pains him to admit it, he had to look at this situation from a prideful wolf's perceptive.

And stop hoping for the impossible.

" But I don't blame you, " he leaned in in the new leather chair he found. " Frankly, I don't like you either but I would also have to demand the basic respect and patience that I'm showing to be... returned. "

Arson displayed a tight smile, anyone would guess that the scene that just occurred struck his feelings more than he had wanted to show.

What was he to do for this familiar treatment to stop repeating so sufferably often?

" Yes. " The man had no choice but to agree.

Yes, against his instinct that this was wrong, Ceraëas, even after this, would unmistakably keep to his plans to seek the doctor.

Yet, when before he would have felt that his alphas well being mattered above all. Now, whether he liked it or not, he had a prince or rather queen to protect and in turn, respect.

The fact that he managed to stir a tear from the royal consort's eyes was proof that he had already failed. " About... the reason, for your visit today...?" He inquired.

" Oh! yes, I came here as per my contract stated. First and foremost, I will need to make my record of your mental health but also your physical health, and not forget your emotional state throughout the day as well. " The Beta pinched the tip of his ear, summering everything that was just said.

He hesitated on his next word, " So... in short you will be stuck to like glue... " That made Arson chuckle but it didn't lift his mood at all. " For how long? "

" About a month... or two, not long. " Ceraeas nearly grit his teeth but caught himself. " Of course, your privacy will be respected but what I really must see is how you interact with others. "

A smirk reaches his face, " I think I manage the pack quite well, you may have seen it for yourself. " Arson giggled, cocky bastard.

" This is not to interview you or to allot you a status. As a Purifurist, my job is to evaluate the impact that a witch leaves, and in rarer, more private cases, I can be tasked to provide medical care to the witch entourage. " Arson explained.

But what he really meant was:  I'm cleaning their chit because they are too lazy to do it themselves and the title is only a front to appear like I wasn't babysitting entitled brats.

The Beta understood well between the lines.  " If that is not too much, I wish to put a condition. "

The incubus raised an eyebrow, the only thing he could think that the man could get out of him is to stop literally sucking his boss dry and it would, again, literally leave a bitter taste in his mouth.