CHAPTER 001

CHAPTER     001
------------------------
PANDORA

CHAPTER     001------------------------PANDORA

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

WHEN I OPENED MY EYES AGAIN AFTER ALMOST SIX YEARS, I STARTED TO DOUBT IF I MADE THE RIGHT DECISION.

Coming to a completely foreign planet of which I know almost nothing about was  a good idea? I'm not sure.

My body feels strange, far from rested it feels numb. Like I was waking up with the worst hangover of my life.

Floating in zero gravity also feels weird. It's like an empty feeling and I wouldn't know how to describe it better than that.

I looked around the small pod I'm locked in, a dim blue light softly illuminating it's interior. The capsule being opened by a nurse who's floating above me. He inspected my face briefly, then took my arm to feel my pulse. I closed my eyes when a small flashlight was directly pointed at my pupils, irritating me after keeping my eyes closed for so long.

"You good?" He asked, still pointing that light directly to my eyes.

"I'd be better if you get that shit away from my face" I replied with a scratchy voice. My throat and mouth dried for the lack of water or saliva.

"Sorry, it's protocol" he chuckled and then, floated away from me.

While someone announced the symptoms we might experience after our long slumber, we were given permission to get out of the capsules and look for our belongings in order to get on the ship that will take us to the human base on Pandora.

I floated into the air to the small area where the lockers were located, holding onto a railing to keep me still and prevent myself from drifting away. I searched through the names labeled in the lockers until I found mine.

Emma Chase.

I pursed my lips as I read the name, remembering the reason I came here in the first place.

I opened the metal compartment to take out my bag with a few of my belongings. After that, they ordered us to go to another area of ​​the ship where we must wait to board our transport.

[>>>]

I walked down the small ramp with my bag on my back as I watched the soldiers trot their way into the base.

Pandora greeted me with cloudy and somewhat cold weather as I walked along the asphalt. The metal machines and suits caught my attention seeing how huge they are and how small I suddenly feel in this place. I had never seen such huge machinery in my life, but what really caught my attention weren't the thirty feet high bulldozers that could crush me like a bug. What really caught my attention were the huge mines and the numerous arrows with feathered ends that are stuck in the tires of said machines.