CHAPTER 009

CHAPTER     009
-----------------------
SITE  26

CHAPTER     009-----------------------SITE  26

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

TWO WEEKS HAVE PASSED SINCE I BEGAN MY TRAINING WITH THE NA'VI. THREE SINCE I ARRIVED AT PANDORA.

In all these days I have dedicated myself to training with Neytiri. I have learned how to ride a Pa'li ​​and now, she is teaching me the ways of the forest. It's a bit tedious and complicated, but nothing an ex-Marine recon can't accomplish in a few weeks.

The wound on my back has also improved a lot and is almost completely healed. It will leave a permanent mark, but I have always considered scars to be a sign of strength and survival. Mo'at can do wonders with that strange herbal paste that, although it smells very bad, has managed to heal the wound almost completely in record time.

Every day I feel better in my Avatar body and living with the Na'vi, I am getting used to this lifestyle very quickly, although there are still many things that I still need to learn. The Clan is getting more and more used to my presence and unlike two weeks ago, they no longer ignore me like before. They still treat me somewhat harshly and coldly, but it's progress.

Tsyeyk and Tsu'tey are still jerks. I don't understand what they're saying, but I've caught them laughing at me or watching me on several occasions, Tsu'tey always wearing that permanent scowl of his and Tsyeyk with his smug smirk and challenging eyes. Neytiri has gotten used to my presence too since we are together all day every day, however, it hasn't been enough for me to defend myself from them or for her to tell me what they say about me.

Regarding my team, let's say that things could be better. I still don't know the reason for Grace's change in attitude, and Norm is still snappy, but he also has moments where he lets go of his jealousy and really helps me learn more about this world. So far, he hasn't done much more than try to help me with the language, albeit basic things like the names of animals, plants, numbers, and colors.

On the other hand, I've also dedicated myself to closely study the structure and surroundings of the hometree. Every time Neytiri takes me riding on Pa'li ​​or every dinner or every night before bed, I take the opportunity to memorize the structure of the place in detail so that I can give a good report to Quaritch and Selfridge, who have been waiting for a update since the last time I went to see them.

"If you wanna hit this thing, it's gonna be complicated" I looked carefully at the hologram of the hometree projected in front of me on the round table.

Quaritch, four of his men, and Selfridge listening intently as I report to them what I have detailed in these two weeks.

"Your scanners don't show it's internal structure. There is a row of columns / pillars outer layers, which are hard to penetrate" I described in detail the basic structure of hometree "There is a secondary circle and an inner circle here." I pointed where those were "There is also a core structure which is shaped like a spiral, they use it as a stair kind of thing that allows them to go up and down" I finished looking at Quartich.