CHAPTER 011

CHAPTER     011
-------------------------
LIKE A DREAM

CHAPTER     011-------------------------LIKE A DREAM

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

ONE MONTH LATER

I EXHALED IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA. I'M EXHAUSTED, BUT I CAN'T REST UNTIL I GET THIS DONE BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP.

"Let's get this shit done before I pass out from exhaustion" I said, raising my voice a little so Grace knew it was a hint to her.

I need to rest and the redhead has me here forced to give my reports about my days with the Omatikaya without caring how exhausted I am at the moment.

"Stop crying and get it done" she told me without even looking up from her microscope.

I could hear Trudy laughing quietly at the back of the cabin.

"Fine" I groaned "This is video log fifteen, time is 23:15 and it's raining outside" I can feel Grace rolling her eyes at me "It's been already a month since we moved to the shack in the mountains. Wow! One month and a half already, time does fly by. Anyways, the lessons in the forest had become easier. My body is adjusting to this new lifestyle and it's becoming easier to move through the place, almost like a second nature. Neytiri has been the best teacher lately, always helping me in everything she can and giving me advise to do things the best way. Of course it's not like that all the time, most of the time it's learn fast or die."

I let out a small laugh as I remembered that day when she made me jump from a great height and use the leaves of the trees to cushion the fall. Let's say I broke my training bow and almost broke my arm, but everything was fine in the end.

"The language is a nightmare. I have never been good at academics and therefore I don't know how to speak another language other than English, but until today it had not cost me that much to learn a language. Neytiri doesn't have much patience in that either. Every time I say a word wrong, she hits me in the forehead."

"You sure deserve it," Norm commented, passing by me and grabbing a pen from the desk before returning to his work station.

I rolled my eyes and continued with my log without paying attention to him.

"She has been very patient despite everything. She always reminds me that I am like a child, very loud and lost, but other days she smiles at me and tells me that I am progressing quickly" I smiled slightly at the memories "The days are about seeing and study the forest, it's surroundings. Read trails, track and understand this strange balance that they never stop talking about" I let out a sigh and rubbed my face, wishing I could be sleeping happily in my bed "Neytiri always says: 'Use your senses, look and listen to your surroundings. You will realize that we are all one. They talk about this connection with all living beings and with Eywa as if it were something real, but I cannot confirm it exactly. After all, I have never considered myself a believer or religious in any way" I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's not just something pagan, Aquila. Try to listen and see things through their eyes. To understand why everything they teach you about balance is so important to them" Grace suggested without taking her eyes off her experiment while I watched her through the screen.

I couldn't help but smile a little when I noticed that she had called me by my name.

No marine.

No Chase.

Aquila.

"I can always try" I gave up. "Anyways, as I was saying. I try to understand this deep connection they share with the forest. They talk about a network of shared energy that flows through all living things. It's said that all energy is only borrowed and that one day, you'll have to return it. Sometimes I can't help but imagine how Emma would react to that." I looked at the small photo on the side of the computer, where Emma and I were only seven years old and we were hugging each other while looking at the camera with huge smiles of missing teeth "She'd probably be so excited she wouldn't stop talking about it. I'd probably have to wear earplugs" I laughed lightly looking away from the photo and looking at the surface of the desk. "I am doing my best for this mission, this purpose. I never thought I would be in this place in my life, but seeing it now from this new perspective I wouldn't change anything at all" I sighed and rubbed my face, the exhaustation is already too much like to bear it "That's all I have to say" and I turned off the camera.

I sighed tiredly before standing up and starting to walk towards my beloved bed.

"Night everyone!" I exclaimed generally to everyone, receiving incomprehensible murmurs in return.

The others were too focused on their work to pay real attention.

I took off my boots and without changing, I lay down on the bed to close my eyes and fall asleep.

With the doubt of what could happen tomorrow floating in my head.

A/N:

Heyyyyyyyyy

I know this is a very short chapter but I have run out of ideas and inspiration for this one.

But don't worry, I'll make a double update beacuse of this.

Hope you like it.

Besos y abrazos.