CHAPTER 018

CHAPTER 018
-----------------------
WELCOME BACK

CHAPTER 018-----------------------WELCOME BACK

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

I STOOD AT THE ENTRANCE OF HOMETREE ALONG WITH MO'AT, NEYTIRI AND EYTUKAN. WAITING PATIENTLY FOR GRACE AND NORM TO ARRIVE.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little bit nervous of the outcome their presence in hometree may result in, but I trust that Grace and Norm won't do anything to upset the Omatikaya the way I did when I first arrived here.

My nervousness must be very noticeable, because Neytiri caught me biting my nails and the way my tail restlessly moved side to side. Her hand reached for my wrist, taking away my fingernails from my mouth and making me look up at her with a frown. For a fact, I could tell that she was enjoying my nervous demeanor, something that doesn't happen often, by the smile playing on her lips.

"What?" I asked rather harshly, making her laugh and let go of my wrist.

"You look funny when you are nervous" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Can you blame me?, I want everything to go perfect for everyone's sake" she just smiled and squeezed my upper arm in a comforting manner.

"And everything will be okay, you need to stop worrying"

"But what if-"

"They are here" she let go of me and started to walk to the entrance of hometree, where Grace and Norm stood in their Avatars.

I decided to wait for them while they exchanged some words and very happy smiles. They walked closer to us, drawing some attention to them.

Grace's grin got even bigger by addressing Mo'at, Eytukan and Neytiri. While they where talking, Grace introduced Norm to them, who couldn't hide how excited he was for being here.

After a little more talking and a warming welcome from the leaders, Grace approached a bunch of kids who seemed to recognize her from their years at her school.

I stood to the side with Neytiri and Norm, watching the scene unfold with a soft smile on my lips.

Grace and I's relationship might not be the best, but I'm glad that I was able to get her something she longed for. See again those people and children who had welcomed and loved her as if she were one of them.

After what she's done for me, it's the least I can do for her.

"She seems like a whole different person" Norm said, making my smile grow.

"She is happy, that's why" I answered without taking my eyes away from her and the kids playing with her hair. "I'm glad I could do this for her" I turned around, smiling at Neytiri for the opportunity to let them in here.