CHAPTER 010

CHAPTER     010
-----------------------
A TASTE OF FREEDOM

CHAPTER     010-----------------------A TASTE OF FREEDOM

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

TODAY, NEYTIRI LEFT ME WITH TSYEYK WHILE SHE HELPS HER MOTHER WITH SOME THINGS AROUND THE CLAN.

As for Tsyeyk, I thought he would put me through hell and make me run, climb, swim, or anything that would exhaust me, but instead, as soon as Neytiri asked him to take care of me for today and then left us alone, he just turned around and started to climb up the spiral of the hometree.

"Are you waiting for an invitation, demon? . Follow me" and I followed him.

I haven't fully explored the hometree yet. There are several places that I'm not allowed access to, but since I spend the whole day in the forest training, it really wasn't something that bothered me. However, never in these two weeks had I climbed to the top of hometree and boy was it a long way.

When we arrived, I had to support my back against the trunk for a second to get air. I feel like my lungs are burning and I'll pass out at any moment from lack of air. Tsyeyk, like the gentleman he is, completely ignored me and walked up the huge hometree branch making a bird-like call.

"What (deep breath) are you doing?" I got back up and walked over to where he was with his back to me, pausing to admire the scenery around us from so high up.

The forest looks tiny from up here and you can barely make out the hundreds of Na'vi below.

Tsyeyk again ignored me to continue making that strange call. I was about to say something to him when I caught movement among the leaves and smaller branches of the tree. I looked in that direction and jumped back as a huge dinosaur-like featherless bird shot out from the leaves and landed in front of Tsyeyk.

It's an Ikran, I've been learning something about them. The Na'vi use them for air transport and for hunting. My people call them mountain banshees. I know that they live in the Hallelujah Mountains in communities like the Na'vi, but they're dangerous and aggressive when approached. You have to be careful when you are near one.

It's a wonderful large creature, a  beautifully blue color with patches of purple, black and brown. Yellow eyes brighter than those of the Na'vi. Sharp claws that can scratch you to death and huge wings to soar the skies.

"Don't look him in the eye" I averted my gaze at his advice.

Tsyeyk talked to the creature, saying things to it in his language and giving it some food. He seemed like the most loving man in the world talking to a little baby, which makes me think that the Ikran may be the human equivalent of a dog. Although I may be completely wrong.

"This is an Ikran, mighty beasts of the sky. They are not like the Pa'li, once the Tsaheylu is made..." He paused to bond with the Ikran, taking a few seconds to sink into that bond "An Ikran will fly with one hunter for the rest of it's life" I widened my eyes surprised at that fact.