CHAPTER 007

CHAPTER      007
------------------------
LET'S GET STARTED

CHAPTER      007------------------------LET'S GET STARTED

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

I HEARD DISTANT VOICES ECHOING IN THE BACK OF MY MIND.

I opened my eyes slowly, only to snap them shut when a light was flashed directly at me.

"Aquila, Aquila!" Grace's unmistakable voice calls out to me as she taps my cheek, trying to get me to react. "Come back kid, come on"

"Hey, are you there?" Max's voice ringed in my ears.

"Aquila" Norm.

"Goddamnit people, are you trying to make me go blind?" I shoved the flashlight in Grace's hand away, closing my eyes again to get rid of the burning feeling.

"She's okay, she's fine" I opened my eyes again and between the three of them, they helped me sit on the linkbed.

My head spun for a few seconds, but the dizziness quickly disappeared and I was relieved when I looked over my shoulder and there were no longer claw marks spread across my back. In this body, I didn't feel as weak as in the Avatar due to the blood loss I had suffered.

"Is the Avatar safe?" was the first thing she asked when I recovered my senses.

"Damn, no are you good? How do you feel?" I joked, chuckling sarcastically because I knew she cares about the Avatar more than she does about me.

"Yeah, yeah. Is it?" I rolled my eyes, but nodded.

Memories of the long night and my little adventure came to my mind, making me smile because I accomplished something none of her uptight scientists had been able to do in all their years here.

"Yeah, carrots. The Avatar is fine" I then looked at her in the eye and smirked "You are not gonna believe where she is"

The three off them shared a confused look, waiting for me to tell them. I am going to rub it in her face so much that she'll have to keep her comments to herself for a long time.

"Where?" Norm asked.

"With the Na'vi" they all looked at me as if I told a bad joke "They took me to their hometree thing" I shrugged and jumped off the linkbed, stretching my muscles after hours laying without moving.

"The Omatikaya? No way" Max said in disbelief.

"Yeah, I'm there. They're gonna teach me their ways" Grace took me by my shoulders and shook me a little.