CHAPTER 016

CHAPTER     016
----------------------
THE PAST IS IN THE PAST

CHAPTER     016----------------------THE PAST IS IN THE PAST

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

SOMETIME LATER, I DECIDED TO GO BACK TO HOMETREE FOR DINNER BEFORE THE ECLIPSE FELL.

I ran into Neytiri in the common area talking to some people, probably some friends, but as soon as she saw me walk in, she excused herself  and came up to me with a contagious smile that I didn't hesitate to imitate.

"How was your free day?" She asked me, walking next to me.

"It was okay," I shrugged, not really knowing what to say. "I explored the forest and practiced with the bow a little" I decided to ignore the part where I spent time with Tsyeyk, not giving it much importance.

"That is good to know, you need to become better for the hunting festival"

I was about to ask her about that festival of which I've heard almost nothing, but before I could do so, Neytiri dragged me up the spiral of the hometree to the food area where some of the Clan members were already dining and others were alone. They talked among themselves waiting for dinner.

We walked among the many Clan members, offering greetings and smiles to those who smiled or spoke to us along the way. We continued walking until we reached Mo'at, Eytukan, Tsu'tey and Tsyeyk, who were eating together and talking about who knows what, but when they saw us arrive, they turned to welcome us. Eytukan and Mo'at in a warmer way than Tsu'tey and Tsyeyk, at least to me.

"Tsahik, Olo'eyktan, Tsu'tey, Tsyeyk, Oel ngati kameie" I greeted with a small smile before sitting down and taking the clay bowl of food that Neytiri extended to me.

"AquilaChase, we have not seen you in the last three days" Eytukan commented.

"I'm sorry, Olo'eyktan. I've been busy training and working," I apologized.

"Training, huh? How is your preparation going?" His eyes fell on Neytiri, who stopped eating as soon as she felt her father's eyes on her.

"Aquila is excellent. She learns very quickly and has made a lot of progress" she commented proudly and why lie, I blushed a little when I heard the way she expressed herself about me.

"Neytiri is a very good teacher. She makes everything easier" the young Na'vi gave me a soft smile before turning her gaze to her friends, who did not share her enthusiasm.

And I get it, as much as Tsyeyk changed his attitude towards me, he made it clear that he still wasn't sure I was as different as Mo'at and Neytiri want to believe. On the other hand, Tsu'tey doesn't trust me at all.

For now.

"The credit belongs to both you and my daughter, Aquila. You both do your part to obtain these excellent results" commented Mo'at with that wise touch that her voice has.