CHAPTER 004

CHAPTER     004
-------------------------
RUN

CHAPTER     004-------------------------RUN

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

FLYING AROUND PANDORA IS SOMETHING ELSE.

I have flown in helicopters, fighter jets, helicarriers and samsons many times when I used to be a recon. Always on combat zones to assess enemy territory, but nothing compares to this.

Flying over the lush forest, over the cool water of a river and among some small creatures really made me feel like I was in one of those old adventure movies.

Just as Trudy asked me to, I'm at one of the samson's doors with a gun to my chest while I smile happily at the immense freedom I feel when flying.

I had forgotten how much I loved to be on the sky.

Observing nature from this high up with the cool breeze and air free from pollution really gives you a different perspective.

After a while in the air, we finally landed on a small clearing in the middle of the forest. The sound of the engine and the samson's propellers scared away the animals that were nearby, leaving the way clear for us to move more safely.

I jumped off the samson before it landed and raised my gun, aiming in any direction in case something jumped out from behind the plants and decided to attack us. Wainfleet, as I learned the other soldier's name is, was not far behind me doing the same thing.

"Shut it down, we're gonna stay for a while" Grace's voice reached my ears through the earpiece.

Norm, Grace and I are wearing chokers that serve as microphones so we can communicate with each other in the forest. Something that I find very efficient and more comfortable than carrying a walkie talkie around.

The samson's propellers began to slow down, so the strong breeze they caused began to slow down until there was no longer even a small draft coming from the machine.

I appreciated that and smoothed my hair away from my face. I had decided to give the Avatar my own style, so now I wear my hair in a half up half down style leaving my Tswin hidden. The long hair cascades down to my waist and although many may find it uncomfortable, I didn't at all. Besides, I had missed having long hair.

I got a little ahead of the rest, trying to secure the ground to keep us safe from any danger.

"Stay with the ship, one idiot with a gun is enough" Grace's comment made me smirk.

Grace's attitude towards me is like a roller coaster, with a lot of ups and downs. Sometimes she treats me nice, like the day I piloted my Avatar for the first time and other days she treats me just like today, showing me how much she hates the idea of ​​me accompanying them on their little boy scout excursions.