CHAPTER 017

CHAPTER     017
----------------------
BONDING

CHAPTER     017----------------------BONDING

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

TWO WEEKS AFTER MY IKNIMAYA, I TOOK NOTICE OF SOME THINGS THAT I DIDN'T REALIZED BEFORE.

Mainly, the fact that Neytiri tends to disappear from time to time.

And it's not that it's an inconvenience. Neytiri has the right to have time alone, but as the days go by, her absence becomes more noticeable. It gets to a point where we agree on a time and place for my training and when I arrive, she's not there and for the rest of the day she doesn't show up.

Today's one of those days. Last night during dinner, Neytiri told me that we were going to fly all morning so that I could practice my aerial hunting skills, which I really needed. Polishing my skills before the hunting festival, which I hear is in about two or three weeks.

Knowing Neytiri and after so many scoldings that I have received for arriving late to our classes, I logged on earlier than usual so that I could have time to have breakfast and get some sleep before starting my activities for the day.

The thing is that when I arrived at our meeting point, Neytiri was nowhere to be found. She hadn't shown up at breakfast either and I had to give her parents an excuse for her absence.

And I don't remember seeing her last night in her hammock at bedtime either.

Is she Okay?

That is my biggest concern.

I spent most of the morning looking for her around the Hometree. I searched from end to end and even asked several Clan members and friends of hers if they knew of her whereabouts, but no one had seen her since last night at dinner.

Some suggested I search the nearby areas of the forest, others told me to go to the lake that is not far from the village.

But the one who really gave me the best idea was Tsu'tey.

"I do not know, ask Tsyeyk" he said, annoyed by my mere presence and with that scowl that seems to never go away.

"Why would I ask him?" I asked confused, tilting my head slightly and frowning.

"He is her betrothed. He should know where she is" he said with obviousness.

"Ohhhh, right. I forgot that" I murmured to myself.

"Can you leave me alone now?" He asked a little bit rudely.

"Alright. Thank you, Tsu'tey" I turned around and started walking away from him.

He said nothing, but I heard him groan in response.

I was about to tease him a little about his reaction, but then I noticed that I didn't know where Tsyeyk was. So I returned in my steps and since Tsu'tey didn't notice me, I touched his shoulder to make myself noticed.