CHAPTER 008

CHAPTER     008
-----------------------
TSAHEYLU

CHAPTER     008-----------------------TSAHEYLU

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

WALKING DOWN THE LARGE SPIRAL OF HOMETREE, I WAS A LITTLE AMAZED AT THE SIGHT OF ALL THE PEOPLE WALKING AROUND DOING CHORES OR THE LITTLE KIDS PLAYING AND RUNNING AROUND.

So much harmony and peace brought a smile to my lips.

When I woke up, I couldn't find Neytiri or Tsu'tey or Tsyeyk anywhere, so I decided I'd better go downstairs and search the common area. So far I have been unsuccessful and when I try to approach someone to ask, the Na'vi just walk away or ignore me completely. I don't blame them, but they could be a little nicer at least.

I made my way through the common area to the outside expecting to find Neytiri around Hometree. Focused on my mission, I didn't realize the moment when several children began to surround me or laugh around me, trying to get my attention, I think. Ignoring them, they started to pull or touch my tail, and when they least expected it I turned around and hissed at them with my arms outstretched at either side of me like I was some huge roaring animal. The children squealed in amusement and walked away, trying to contain their laughter, including me.

A throat clearing sound behind me made me turn quickly and when I did, I found myself face to face with Neytiri. She watched me with crossed arms and a raised nonexistent eyebrow.

"You are late"

"I'm so-"

"Come" she turned around and walked to the outside of hometree, leaving me speechless.

I heaved a sigh and followed her without question. So far, it seemed that Neytiri would be the same as Grace with me, of course without the insults maybe, at least not ones I can understand.

She led me to an area a bit away from the hometree, where the creatures yesterday's warriors surrounded me in seemed to be eating nectar from the flowers in the small field. There were other Na'vi around us tending to some of the creatures. They didn't pay the slightest attention to us and continued with their business when they saw us pass by, as if we were invisible.

Neytiri motioned for me to wait a few seconds and then she approached with one of those creatures, holding it by a rope tied around it's snout. The creature is very similar to a horse, with clear physical differences such as the six legs and the fact that it has no fur. But quite similar after all.

"This is a Pa'li, very noble and kind creatures" Neytiri told me, caressing the Pa'li's neck and whispering lovely words to it.

"It's beautiful" I smiled, getting closer to it.

The Pa'li ​​didn't seem very comfortable with my approach at first, so I backed off, waiting for Neytiri to calm it down before trying again. I extended one of my hands and gradually brought it closer to it's muzzle, allowing it to assimilate my scent and define if I meant danger or not. I waited for a few seconds until the Pa'li ​​finally whinnied and pushed it's muzzle into my hand, making contact and making me smile.