CHAPTER 015

CHAPTER     015
-----------------------
TRUCE

CHAPTER     015-----------------------TRUCE

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

DAYS AFTER COMPLETING MY IKNIMAYA, I REALIZED HOW DIFFERENTLY I AM PERCEIVED BY THE CLAN.

Different from how everything used to be before, the Omatikaya seem to respect me more and now, they are more open to living with me and teaching me much more about their traditions and culture.

The truth is that I like this change a lot, but beyond that it makes me feel proud of what I've achieved on my own. Not only showing them that I'm strong and capable, but proving it to myself too.

This morning, Neytiri agreed to take me flying to show me the forest from another perspective, also to get me even more used to flying on Ikran and hunting from the air, but she had to cancel our plans when Mo'at dragged her to her Tsahik training this morning .

Now I have the day free to do whatever I want and the first thing that occurred to me was to go to the forest for a while and polish my skills with the bow and arrow.

Despite having excellent aim with firearms, the bow and arrow is more complicated for me than I'd like to admit. From position, to strength, tension and concentration. Somehow it was difficult for me to execute such easy steps.

So it would be best to practice on the ground before trying it in the air.

I left Hometree that morning around noon, returning greetings to some Na'vi who smiled at me as I walked by.

I made my way through the forest calmly and gracefully, making as little noise as possible and enjoying nature while admiring my surroundings and observing some animals in the distance.

When I found a place where I felt comfortable, I decided to stop walking. I chose one of the many tree trunks around me and to be my target. With a knife, I drew two circles and when it was ready, I took a few steps back until I was a considerable distance away.

I took my bow and one of the many arrows I had with me. I got into position and tried to imitate the posture that Neytiri has taught me to exhaustion. I stretched the string drawing the arrow back, taking deep, relaxed breaths while I sharpened my gaze and fixed it on the target. I tensed my abdomen and tried to stay as straight as possible, preparing to release the arrow.

With my aim fixed, I was about to release, hoping it would hit the center.

"You have a terrible posture" his sudden voice made me startle, causing me to release the arrow and instead of going to the target, it fell on another trunk. In one of it's highest branches.

I huffed in frustration as I realized where the arrow had gone and turned around angrily to face Tsyeyk with his annoying, smug, challenging smile.

"Do you need something?" I asked annoyed as I turned around and started climbing the tree trunk to get the arrow to retrieve it.