Mystic Lore Ideas

I already mentioned this on my board but, I think it should also go here. So, I just came up with three motifs mystic lore could have based on quotes and tropes we see often. The first two are a contradiction between knowledge and power. The idea is that mystics choose to be either smart or powerful but, they also need to maintain a balance of knowledge and power within themselves or it may upset the balance in their magic and kingdom.

Another part of that is those who have an abundance of both could also upset the balance which would explain why the kingdom has a history of terrible leaders. Some may have had a connection to Gaster and some may have connections to Satan and demons.

The other motif is about perfection. Each mystic gets to be themselves as long as they strive to be perfect. This is something that could set my OCs apart from the crowd a bit other than the knowledge and power motifs. Lioness might be the only exception since she isn't supposed to be too powerful or smart. This is why she was still on the throne when my main OC, Uniqua, was a teenager and her father was exiled and divorced after the things he did.

These are just simple motifs I can add to future mystic characters who either want to break the balance or maintain it. As for the reason why mystics exist, I haven't thought about that fully. I have mentioned in the Q&A that several different myths explain how mystics were created, what they did, and where they lived before the war between humans and monsters. Deciding which myth is closer to the actual truth is the hard part.

If you guys want me to do a series on this topic, let me know in the comments and I'll try my best to get something put together for it.