AAAAAAAAAAA-

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

So, my mom just approached me with a pretty cool idea regarding my art and writing. She wants to send some over to a publishing company to sort of make money off the works. Ngl, I kinda did wanna do something like that. But there's a few problems with that.

Getting a copyright for all of my works would then really increase the chances of being published and give me loyalties. That's not the issue. Not all of my art expands across all the stories I've ever made. There are ones that are older than what I have on here and probably even cringier, too.

You guys know most of my works are Undertale related. This specifically refers to my art because all of it is literally just my main OC Uniqua and Mettaton. Also, it's not all ordered for a series of events unless it's a comic, which would make pairing the pieces with specific events in a book difficult. I can see using them as book covers, though. Another thing about my art is not all of it is good anymore. I have a lot of older pieces that would have to be redrawn just to make the cut.

Now, with my stories, I don't think I have all my older works anymore since I may have put them all in journals I no longer have or use. That's gonna make gathering them and translating them harder. A lot of my older works were mostly Sonic/My Little Pony related and sometimes I would do crossovers. If these were to ever be published with artwork, I would have to draw newer pieces just for them and it would take all I have to not lose my mind. I mean, I like Sonic and MLP. I don't draw normal humans, horses, ponies, or Mobians enough. Sure, I'd be able to improve in those areas. But I'd probably encounter a lot of hate because of what I made.

Look, I was really into shipping when I was 11-12. That was when I was really in my Sonic phase. Like, all my ships at that time were from Sonic. Not all of them stuck with me because I shipped random characters when there really shouldn't have been any instances of them being a thing. SonAmy is still my number one ship in that franchise and I've heard it's been made canon recently. There were a few others that stuck like Silvaze, Knuckles x Rouge, Tails x Zooey (from Sonic Boom). Those are naming a few. Of course, I may ship Tails with more than one female now, like Cosmo or even Cream. But there were ones that were just... Weird, I guess? I shipped Sonic's sister, Sonia, from Sonic Underground with Scourge, an evil, alternate Sonic from another dimension and thought "Hey, she could help him fix his mistakes!" Yeah, dumb idea. That's gonna get a lot of hate.

My point is I have made some questionable ships and even did fanwork of said ships that is even worse. I see no point in publishing them or even making art for them. My newer works? I'll produce as many pieces as necessary. I'll even make some for my XReaders if I have to. I don't mind doing that. But all the old, cringy Sonic/MLP related works? Yeah, I'd rather keep those to myself mostly to avoid the crazy haters who are gonna tell me these two characters can't be together because one is evil, one is from another dimension, one is from a different timeline, or whatever else they can use as a reason to keep my works off their shelves.

I once did a Frans fanfic on Frans Amino for a writing contest there and I'm not sure that will be well received either since everyone says Frisk is a genderless, gender neutral, or non-binary child and Sans is an adult male skeleton. Yeah, not everyone will wanna read fluffy fanfic about a dead man getting laid by a young child who can never confirm whether they're male or female. Not even if the child isn't a child or finally says they're female/male. Comments like that won't stop me from creating timelines where it could work or even AUs where it is possible because it's not true. It's not canon unless Toby Fox says it is.

I'm not sure whether I should be excited for that or not. I know it's been something I have kinda wanted to do but, I really don't think it'll work out. I'm making fanwork and she wants them to be published under my name. Yeah, we would have to speak with Toby, Sega, Nintendo, Hasbro, and every other company that owns these characters. As a fan, I don't own a majority of the characters I use. I simply just use them to create new adventures for them. I'll set them up with my own original characters as sidekicks or antagonists and go do my own thing with them. I have no rights to use them under my own copyrights. All these bigger companies do and would probably want a large chunk of the profit since they created the characters first.