Simp List... Thing?

Apparently, I got thrown back to something really embarrassing recently. I know not everyone is able to see announcements from time to time even when they're announced to all followers. This is why I'm also gonna put it here because part of me is laughing at myself and another wants to hide from the shame and embarrassment. I also forgot to mention one thing in my recent announcement so it's going in here, too.

Basically, I watched four PokéTubers rate how attractive all the adult characters were. Whenever I saw a flamboyant male character with an excessive, flashy outfit (i.e. Wallace), I literally could not stop my mind from thinking "HE LOOKS LIKE A TEN TO ME-" all because I already may be simping for Mettaton. Then when I saw Professor Sycamore, my brain just thought he was a 10 as well and I remembered I probably had caught feelings for him when I saw the anime when I was younger. I now think there's a trend here.

Now, I forgot to mention this earlier, guys. Back when Sonic Forces came out and they made an official design for Zero the Jackal in the Archie/IDW comics, I may have shipped my only Sonic OC with him. The design for Zero was mostly exclusive to the comics, although they still sorta used it in the Episode Shadow DLC. In the U.S., we never got to see Zero's face at all in the DLC. But we saw it in the comics for sure. I don't really know why I thought that was a good ship back then. It kinda makes me cringe looking back at all that.

I didn't tell anyone about this but, I thought I'd put this out there to see if anyone is similar. I know a lot of us are simps. I just wanna know who else has had a similar experience and wants to laugh (or cringe) at how embarrassing it is. I might make a simp list if this trend continues. Feel free to judge my taste in fictional men-

Edit: So, I wanna just start listing what traits I found attractive in these men. I'm gonna put them here and y'all can really judge me. Just know I am crazy embarrassed by it because some of these traits sound like the stereotypical straight, allosexual/cis, white girl ideas of the perfect man.

1. Dark hair. Sycamore and Mettaton both have it. Not sure if Zero fits because he actually has white/platinum blond hair with black/charcoal gray fur. He probably doesn't, idk.

2. Tall. The headcanon I have for Mettaton's height is very close to 7 feet tall. I like to think he's somewhere around 6'11'' if he's wearing his stilettos. Without them, he's about an inch or two shorter so he's still pretty tall. Sycamore is also a tall dude and I think Wallace is somewhere around 5'7'' or 6'2'' which is also tall. I'm a tiny gremlin of a human, okay? Tall people can reach places I can't and I need more in my life. Zero, being a Mobian jackal, probably wouldn't be super tall. He'd be closer to 3'6''-4'1''. But if he were a human, he'd be taller for sure.

3. Perfect hair. Wallace has it. Mettaton has it. Sycamore has it. Zero? Eh, his is a little wonky. But it looks okay for the most part. Before he became Infinite, his hair was more slicked back and even. After that, it just looks like wild dreads.

4. Do I have to mention voices? Idk, but I think I will. I haven't heard Wallace speak before. I have only heard Sycamore, Mettaton, and Zero. All three of them have deep voices and they all kinda sound smooth. Obviously, Mettaton's is the most suave only because he's flamboyant and the most feminine and I think that's what's gonna put him at the very top of my simp list. Both Zero and him have a slight British accent that is common for both tropes they are. Zero is this lone mercenary who becomes a crazed villain and Mettaton is that one extremely hot, popular celebrity who may or may not be trans. Sycamore, despite being from a region based on France, has an American accent (Idk what part for sure but, it does not have a Southern twang). If anyone knows about Wallace's voice, please send me voice clips or scenes from the anime he's appeared in so I can learn a little more about him.

5. Style choices. Flamboyant and feminine dudes have some of the most interesting outfits you're ever gonna see. Mettaton definitely seems like he'd enjoy cross-dressing since he loves women's clothes a lot. Wallace has worn over-the-top outfits before from what I've seen. The art the PokéTubers used was official and he had this crazy suit that looked very slimming. I don't know how GameFreak got away with having a male character wear something like that and put cutouts on his hips. That design and the pose gave me Mettaton vibes and I think that's what got me.

Now, Sycamore pretty much dresses like you'd expect a scientist in the world of Pokémon would. He's got the white lab coat and his clothes are very clean. But the thing that really gets me is how his shirt is just left unbuttoned near the collar. I don't know why something like that would make me melt. Zero probably doesn't really fit here because male Mobians usually don't wear a lot of clothes. Sega just slaps shoes and gloves on them and calls it a day. Occasionally, we do see scarves, hats, glasses, belts, jackets, shirts, etc. Other than that, not much is really done clothing wise.

These are just a small handful of the things that often get people simping for a character. There are smaller aspects of each personality or design that may also make a huge impact in the way you feel about a character or even a real person. For example, Mettaton would be the guy I'd go to for fashion advice since he's stylish and he's good with makeup. Zero would be the dude I'd help pull out of the darkest depths of his own mind. Sycamore... Well, he isn't one of the Pokémon professors in Kalos for nothing. Wallace is the only one I barely know out of the four of them.

Anyway, that's it for today. I'm gonna go now and you can all judge my taste in fictional men again.