Odette

*****Chapter 1 - Odette*****

*****
Chapter 1 - Odette
*****

The house was practically bare, empty and unloved. The wallpaper in each room was stripping, torn with the pattern barely recognisable. The carpets were once bright and colourful, inviting for anyone to sit on, but now were stained and dirty.

The curtains that covered the mould-covered windows were torn and tattered, with the small hint of yellow gained from smoking indoors.

What little furniture inside was dusty and dirty, various rips and tears with cigarette burns littering them.

A collection of cardboard boxes and bin liners lay strewn about in what was meant to be the living room as an older gentleman lay passed out on the couch.

A needle by his side as small snores escaped his open mouth. A small hint of white powder lightly dusted his nose, as if he had been dusted with icing sugar like a cake.

Empty bottles of liquor and crunched up beer cans scattered around decorating him like a Christmas tree.

"You're really fucking pathetic you know that right?" A female voice was heard from a girl standing in the doorway.

Odette looked down at Nick Turner, her father in disgust, her eyes full of disgrace in the thought that this man was actually responsible for her existence.

Of course there came no response from her passed out father, he was too far gone in his drunken high stage to even know she was stood watching him.

He was too far gone to see her raid his pockets for a couple of dollar bills and leave out the house.

The house he'd dragged her halfway across America too, in an attempt to hide from the many drug dealers he owed money too. The house he'd dragged her to try protect his own life, she was just the extra baggage.

Odette pulled her leather jacket tighter around herself. The night air was cold in this new town, this new town of Castle Rock.

Her fingers fumbled into her pocket as she pulled out her faithful packet of cigarettes, the only thing she had to help her along in life.

Looking around she saw various people heading home for the night, couples heading home, children being carried by their parents as they snuggled fast asleep.

Her eyes drifted around as they stopped, seeing a small neon sign for Irby's billiards bar.

"Couldn't hurt..." She mumbled to herself as she crossed the street, her long blonde hair in it's slight ringlets flowing back and forth as she almost scurried in.