Bird watching

*****Chapter 22 - Bird watching*****

*****
Chapter 22 - Bird watching
*****

"You brought us to the lake?" Odette asked as she got out of his car and looked down at the large grassy clearing, with the lake just ahead.

All the large, looming trees of the forest towered around them, as the birds sang their sweet morning songs.

"I thought you were gonna come here with that twat and that tart." Ace scoffed as he got out and went to the trunk of his car, rummaging inside.

"I wasn't going to, they just wanted me to." Odette sighed.

"Yeah and remind me why you hang out with them?" Ace asked as he seemingly grabbed a bag and slammed his trunk down before going over to Odette.

"I think this is the part where I say they're my friends?" Odette seemed to ask as Ace took her hand in his before pulling her along, walking through the clearing, towards the lake.

"They ain't your friends, he's only interested in one thing and she'll double cross you." Ace scoffed out as they stopped at the edge of the lake.

"You sound like you know exactly how they're gonna do it too." Odette laughed as Ace pulled out a blanket from the bag.

"Odette I've seen it happen, the guy's a fucking arsehole with one sole focus and she seems nice but she's got that bitch streak in her and the boyfriend to tell you that she'd betray you in a heartbeat and not think twice about it."

Odette watched as Ace tried to lay out the blanket on the grass, as well as seeming determined to get his point across.

"How are you so sure?" She finally asked quietly as the pair sat down on the blanket.

"Because I was Tommy." Ace answered with a sigh as he fell backwards, to lie flat on the blanket with his hands behind his head.

"Well what about Jenny? Don't tell me you had a pair of boobs too?" Odette giggled to herself at the thought as she lay down beside him.

Ace moved one of his hands to wrap an arm around Odette as he pulled her closer into him, her head resting on his chest.

"That was my high school girlfriend Betsy."

"Betsy? You dated a girl called Betsy?" Odette scoffed as she shuffled about slightly to get more comfortable lying half next to, half on Ace.

"Hey you're named after a swan." Ace scoffed out.

"Swans are elegant, regal and precious. Not to mention they'll break your arm if they fancy it."